Bosch Standmixer?

Decorating By infinitsky Updated 2 May 2011 , 10:36pm by infinitsky

infinitsky Posted 29 Apr 2011 , 5:55pm
post #1 of 3

Hello CC/ers

Any body uses a universal Bosch standmixer? How do you like it? Or any one can give me any insight on this?

I can not decide between Bosch, Cuisinart or Viking stand mixer!!! Any advice will be appreciated, thank you.

2 replies
saffronica Posted 29 Apr 2011 , 11:08pm
post #2 of 3

I have a Bosch. Overall I like it, but I haven't tried a Cuisinart or a Viking.

Here's what I like:
-The bowl is pretty big; depending on the recipe, I can fit double or triple batches of most icings, batters, and doughs.
-It is quite powerful. It can handle fondant, thick cookie doughs and bread dough just fine -- and again, that's two batches/loaves.
-The lid covers the bowl completely, and it comes in two parts so you can still keep the edges covered while adding ingredients. I do occasionally have powdered sugar, etc. make it through the cracks when the bowl is full, but not too much.
-So far, it's holding up pretty well. I've had it for eight years, and I use it quite a bit, though not nearly as much as some people on here. I did once have a wire whip break when I tried to cream butter and too-hard brown sugar, but when I went to get a replacement I discovered that they now have cookie paddles, which I definitely recommend. I hardly use the wire whips anymore.
-You can get a lot of different attachments, such as a blender or food processor, that all benefit from the powerful motor.

Here's what I don't like:
-The design of the bowl -- that center post makes it a lot harder to scrape down the bowl. Also, it can't be used as a double boiler, which would be nice when I make SMBC, but that's not a big deal.
-It only has three different speed settings, and low is still pretty fast, at least compared to a KitchenAid. I rarely even use the highest setting, I just wish there was a slower setting or two.

I hope this helps. I've heard good things about the other brands, too, so I think you'll get a good quality mixer whichever brand you choose.

infinitsky Posted 2 May 2011 , 10:36pm
post #3 of 3

Thank you for your reply it is a big help, but I have to give it more thoughts. Thank you again! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%