Has Anyone Seen The Cake?

Decorating By sebrina Updated 2 May 2011 , 4:54pm by leah_s

Karen421 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Karen421 Posted 1 May 2011 , 8:12pm
post #91 of 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coral3

Loved the dress. Very classy. Sometimes less is more.

Re those bizarre hats - obviously Eugenie and Beatrice have not grasped the concept of 'less is more'! icon_confused.gificon_lol.gif

icon_eek.gif OH MY!! icon_eek.gif Most definitely not classy!

deetmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
deetmar Posted 1 May 2011 , 8:52pm
post #92 of 100

Wow!, they must have been thrilled.

Caths_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Caths_Cakes Posted 1 May 2011 , 8:55pm
post #93 of 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeRowesHunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakeladi

I saw one 'rag' magazine say she is already pg and the announcement will be made folloowing the honeymoon.

I don't know where she's hiding it if she is, she's looked positively skeletal for several weeks pre-wedding! They aren't going away on their honeymoon yet, William is back to work tomorrow (they've just had the weekend away somewhere)!

I also read that mag, And said to my mother, If she IS pregnant, then she must be keeping it in her handbag!!!!

cutiepiecupcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cutiepiecupcake Posted 1 May 2011 , 10:05pm
post #94 of 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by FromScratchSF

I have learned so much from watching the Elaine McGreggor clips on You Tube, I wish I could get this DVD series here in the states, but I'd have to have them imported and converted. So you UK/Aussie people should check them out...

Anyway, I love this style of decorating and am slowly trying to incorporate it in my cakes (as much as I am able).

Jen

Thanks for pointing this out FromScratchFS.. checking out the DVDs on eBay now icon_wink.gif

carmijok Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
carmijok Posted 1 May 2011 , 11:06pm
post #95 of 100

I read a story this morning that Kerry Vincent was 'disappointed' in the cake. She thought some of the technique used was a little 'off' in places and that they could have added touches of gold here and there. Ha ha! There's no pleasing Kerry is there? I thought it was beautiful and very fitting for the style of Kate.

By the way, after watching that gorgeous ceremony and pageantry, I wished I was British. How nice to see a naturally beautiful young woman in the public eye that doesn't have a spray tan, collagen pumped lips, Botox and hard bowling ball size fake breasts!

Coral3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Coral3 Posted 1 May 2011 , 11:45pm
post #96 of 100

Did Kerry consider that maybe Kate & Will didn't want a touch of gold?

ApplegumPam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ApplegumPam Posted 2 May 2011 , 2:07pm
post #97 of 100

Thought you might be interested in a Sydney patissierre that RECREATED the Royal Wedding Cake in 48hours! yep - that's right 48 hours after the first pics came through of the real thing

Have fun looking!

http://www.facebook.com/#!/media/set/fbx/?set=a.10150180355052692.324155.104978987691

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 2 May 2011 , 2:36pm
post #98 of 100

.......Did Kerry consider that maybe Kate & Will didn't want a touch of gold? ........

I soooooooooo agree w/this statement. As nice a person as Kerry can be sometimes I wonder if *ANYTHING* pleases her.

Karen421 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Karen421 Posted 2 May 2011 , 4:07pm
post #99 of 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApplegumPam

Thought you might be interested in a Sydney patissierre that RECREATED the Royal Wedding Cake in 48hours! yep - that's right 48 hours after the first pics came through of the real thing

Have fun looking!

http://www.facebook.com/#!/media/set/fbx/?set=a.10150180355052692.324155.104978987691

It's very nice, much better than I could ever do, but not as pristine and perfect as the real one. But for only 48 hours it's not bad! icon_smile.gif

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 2 May 2011 , 4:54pm
post #100 of 100

"in the style of" but not a copy.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%