Hello. My Name Is Kia And I'm A Cc Addict.

Decorating By hrnewbie Updated 30 Apr 2011 , 2:21am by hrnewbie

hrnewbie Posted 29 Apr 2011 , 2:41am
post #1 of 15

I need a 12 step program to get off of this website. icon_rolleyes.gif I'm exhausted when I come home from work. I mean I can barely drive home, and yet the moment the kids are in bed, when I SHOULD be going to sleep, I either work on cakes or log on to CC and spend hours looking at cakes and posts.

I may not reply to everything but I spent hours reading, oohing, aahing, laughing, and dreaming about my future and this burning desire to cake. (Is" to cake" a verb?)

I need to go cold turkey. Wait, didn't I just see a post for how to make a turkey cake? icon_razz.gif

14 replies
sebrina Posted 29 Apr 2011 , 3:02am
post #2 of 15

Hi Kia.

My name is Sebrina & I too am a CC addict. icon_redface.gif

LOL! And asking for a 12 step program on here is like standing in the bar & asking about the AA meetings! LOL! WELCOME!

klutzy_baker Posted 29 Apr 2011 , 3:11am
post #3 of 15

Hi and welcome!! icon_smile.gif

I'm like you...my post count does not represent the hours I'm on here reading over all sorts of information. LOL!!

So indeed, I'm a CC addict icon_razz.gif

Take care!!

RedRoxx Posted 29 Apr 2011 , 3:12am
post #4 of 15

You and me both!!! But it's ok, I look at it as me "continuing my education" icon_wink.gif

klutzy_baker Posted 29 Apr 2011 , 3:15am
post #5 of 15
Originally Posted by RedRoxx

You and me both!!! But it's ok, I look at it as me "continuing my education" icon_wink.gif

Oooo...I like that! "Continuing my education." I'm going to tell my boyfriend that next time he asks me why I'm on here so much icon_razz.gif

ConfectionsCC Posted 29 Apr 2011 , 3:16am
post #6 of 15

Oh I am on this CC stuff some kind of bad too icon_eek.gif hehe!! 2 viruses from this site, so now I have to sneak around when my husband isnt home to get my CC fix so he wont find out!! LOL!!!

cakesrock Posted 29 Apr 2011 , 3:33am
post #7 of 15

Ditto...I was welcomed and even warned by Doug with my first post. I laughed at the time.... That was 19 months, thousands of hours and 1200+ posts ago... But I am not ready to give it up or even cut back! And oh, how I have tried...

hrnewbie Posted 29 Apr 2011 , 3:36am
post #8 of 15

Confession is one of the 12 steps, right? Here you go.

A few weeks ago I printed out a thread and accompanying document from MacsMom on gourmet cake flavors. It's 40 pages long. Not only do I carry it with me in my purse, but I lay in bed and read it at night. I've read these fabulous recipes dozens of times and yet I read them again and again. Like it's the new Stephen King book or the daily paper. My husband is tolerant but I know I'm probably scaring him. icon_razz.gif

Katiebelle74 Posted 29 Apr 2011 , 3:39am
post #9 of 15

me too icon_smile.gif

ashleyb4 Posted 29 Apr 2011 , 12:48pm
post #10 of 15

Today is my last day at my office job and I had two thoughts last night as I was going to bed:
1. How am I gonna keep up with CC not sitting behind a computer all day??
2. I should probably clear my internet history...

LOL. It's ridiculous.

sweeteypie1118 Posted 29 Apr 2011 , 1:23pm
post #11 of 15

Oohhh...where is that thread on gourmet cake flavors? I finally got myself off my addiction to Facebook and those stupid games, only to spend hours looking at pictures of cakes!

BlueMoon73 Posted 29 Apr 2011 , 1:34pm
post #12 of 15

"I've read these fabulous recipes dozens of times and yet I read them again and again. Like it's the new Stephen King book"

I SO am a CC addict as well!! It can get pretty bad sometimes!! I even look at work when we are slow! I agree with the education! LOVE IT! icon_biggrin.gif

jewels710 Posted 29 Apr 2011 , 2:14pm
post #13 of 15

My name is Julie and I am also a CC Addict...wait, I'm not an addict. I don't have a problem. I am not in denial, I don't know why my family thinks that. I think they are the ones with the problem...lol

I do have to say that many of my conversations begin with, "so & so in my cake group said..."
Good thing there is not a counter for the amount of hours we all spend on here, it would have been turned over millions of times I am sure!

Smokey5266 Posted 29 Apr 2011 , 4:39pm
post #14 of 15

Sweeteypie here it is. Open at your own risk!

hrnewbie Posted 30 Apr 2011 , 2:21am
post #15 of 15

I made the peaches and cream last week and it was a really nice cake. I'll tweak it next time but a great starting point. Next on my list are the snickerdoodle for a friend and chai for me. I can't imagine how delightful that will be.

Quote by @%username% on %date%