Justin Bieber Cake

Decorating By Aleksandra-k Updated 2 Jun 2011 , 4:09pm by 2txmedics

Aleksandra-k Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Aleksandra-k Posted 28 Apr 2011 , 8:48pm
post #1 of 11

Hello everyone
I was just wondering if anyone has any ideas for a Justin Bieber cake. My manager asked me to make one for his daughters birthday and I was wondering if anyone has made anything like this or if anything comes to mind? All ideas are greatly appreciated =D
TIA :]

10 replies
Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 28 Apr 2011 , 10:14pm
post #2 of 11

Your best bet is to probably do an edible image of some type.Any of the popular human icons like Hannah Montana,Justin Beiber etc are very difficult to recreate in icing ,not like cartoons so you kinda need the actual picture of them otherwise people don't recognize what the cake is about.

Aleksandra-k Posted 28 Apr 2011 , 10:24pm
post #3 of 11

I was thinking of that but the cake is for next week, and i dont have a printer for edible images icon_sad.gif

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 28 Apr 2011 , 10:32pm
post #4 of 11

Then what I have sometimes done is print off a small pic on regular paper and glue it to a dried fondant plaque.Use this ontop of cake etc..Of course it is not edible but you still get a picture of him...Just take it off before cutting...

Aleksandra-k Posted 28 Apr 2011 , 10:54pm
post #5 of 11

i thought of that aswell, it think thats what im gunna end up doing. thanks icon_smile.gif

cathyscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cathyscakes Posted 28 Apr 2011 , 11:20pm
post #6 of 11

I know how you are feeling, my neice asked me to make her a justin bieber cake...I had to tell her, he's just too pretty and she would be disappointed. lol.

staceytisdale Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
staceytisdale Posted 28 Apr 2011 , 11:25pm
post #7 of 11

I have a Justin Bieber Cake in my pics. I have also made 2 more like it. I got edible images done at a local grocery store, where they make cakes that have edible images on them. They charged me $10 and I got an 8X10 picture done that had 6 small pics on it that I cut out. If you want i can email you the JPEG that i emailed to the grocery store.

ashea Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ashea Posted 28 Apr 2011 , 11:37pm
post #8 of 11

I just did a Justin Bieber cake myself several weeks ago. I can't get any edible images here in Buffalo because it is under copywright but what I did was take a coloring page and trace it on a piece of fondant and then I painted it to look like him. The client was happy with it so I was glad about that. So that is an option. When I was done painting it, I just cut out the fondant piece and placed it on the cake, I don't usually do fondant but it was just the piece on top of the butter cream.

Chrisl121070 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chrisl121070 Posted 28 Apr 2011 , 11:44pm
post #9 of 11

I've done 2 Bieber cakes, they are in my photos. One was an edible image, the other was JB in fondant on a cake stage, and then the backdrop was just a printed photo of him.

Aleksandra-k Posted 29 Apr 2011 , 1:09am
post #10 of 11

staceytisdale, ashea & Chrisl121070 all of your cakes look amazing! icon_biggrin.gif
I've been trying to find a local grocery store/bakery that would print the images for me and so far no luck. I might have found 1 or 2 but i need to call back tomorrow. (so fingers crosses haha) And as for painting Justin bieber or making him out of fondant, i'm not that brave just yet. I really like the idea of a stage i think she'd LOVE that. I might just end up printing a normal picture of him and then add it to a gumpaste back to make him stand and make a microphone. But im hopeing one of the stores will print it for me icon_biggrin.gif
anyways thanks for all the advice its been all greatly appreciated!

2txmedics Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2txmedics Posted 2 Jun 2011 , 4:09pm
post #11 of 11

I did one, its in my pictures...I just found a pic of him and that is also in my pics and then I mirrored my grand daughters name and put it over the picture and I had my cake ....go check it out.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%