Mmf

Baking By miasmom82 Updated 1 May 2011 , 11:32pm by kkitchen

miasmom82 Posted 28 Apr 2011 , 6:23pm
post #1 of 6

So I made MMF last weekend for a cake. I tried to make it twice and never worked, I follow directions to a T. I like the taste of MMF and would love to use it to allow me to do more with Fondant. The first time I made it when I rolled it it tore and looked liek crapicon_sad.gif The second time I made it it just didn't stretch at all. I have found other recipes on her that involes other ways to make fondant. Any ideas on how to fix this problem? It was so sticky

5 replies
HappyCake10609 Posted 28 Apr 2011 , 6:38pm
post #2 of 6

Is it really humid where you are? I'm in New England and I'm melting today! That can make a big difference...

If it is too sticky you may have added too much liquid, try kneading in some powdered sugar. The tearing sounds like that batch was too dry, you can knead in some shortening... If you work it a lot, it can also start cracking on you (the first time I ever made MMF it was a disaster!)... you should let it rest a bit, and then knead it until it is nice and stretchy (adding shortening and/or powdered sugar as necessary)....

This is the recipe I use, it is pretty simple:
http://happycakesbakes.blogspot.com/2011/04/marshmallow-fondant-recipe.html

sweettooth622 Posted 28 Apr 2011 , 6:39pm
post #3 of 6

What recipe did you use? The first time I ever made MMF it turned out great and I've been using the same recipe ever since without fail. I'll send you the recipe I use via PM. icon_biggrin.gif

Paperfishies Posted 28 Apr 2011 , 9:51pm
post #4 of 6

Can you send me your MMF recipe as well?

beck30 Posted 1 May 2011 , 11:12pm
post #5 of 6

can you send it to me too? Please! Sometimes mine turns out ok and other times it is too dry. I have noticed the difference in the brand of ingredients.

kkitchen Posted 1 May 2011 , 11:32pm
post #6 of 6

Sweettooth will you also please share your MMF recipe with me please?

Thanks

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%