Like To Lear More!!!

Decorating By zzepeda Updated 10 May 2011 , 3:25pm by zzepeda

zzepeda Posted 28 Apr 2011 , 5:41pm
post #1 of 7

Ok the Wilton classes are good when you are start into decoration, but I would like to learn more flower, more decoration and tips and is nothing like that in store. However, there are some store that teach you stuff but the are very $$$$ costly and I do this just for fun and my kids. So if you know some one who would like to teach me around houston and katy TX. please email me.

6 replies
metria Posted 28 Apr 2011 , 5:58pm
post #2 of 7

i think there are a couple Houston area cake clubs you can join:

http://www.houstoncakeclub.com/

TexasSugar Posted 28 Apr 2011 , 6:13pm
post #3 of 7

Wilton classes are great basics and often people want more. The problem is that when you get into the more stuff, it does become costly. Either you have a traveling instructor coming into the area, which they need to cover their travel plus the hassle of having to have 20+ items of everything.

Even personal one on one instruction from someone locally would start adding up cost wise as well. because that person needs to accommodate for their time spent and supplies used.

Have you looked online? There are a lot of youtube videos out there that you can learn things from. There is a thousands of tips plus how to's and so on on this site. And as was mentioned above you are lucky enough to be in an area that has cake clubs.

tiggy2 Posted 28 Apr 2011 , 6:33pm
post #4 of 7

There are also many DVDs available but everything comes with a price.

Rusti Posted 28 Apr 2011 , 7:40pm
post #5 of 7

look on the "how do I" for the free flower tutorials. There are a lot of them and some don't require cutters, look them over and try them or if you are good at learning yourself there are some great DVD tutorials you can purchase that run around $25-30.

2txmedics Posted 4 May 2011 , 11:15pm
post #6 of 7

There's a STICKY somewhere on here where they teach you how to make all sorts of flowers. I live in the outer Houston area, and I learned what I do know in here on CC!!! and I thank god for all of you who helped also....

Welcome by the way!!! There's a woman on the north side that has classes at her home, like flowers, airbrushing, etc....her airbrushing is 100.00 I have the email somewhere....

zzepeda Posted 10 May 2011 , 3:25pm
post #7 of 7

thank you laidies, 2txmedics please if you have the email for the woman send it to me at [email protected] thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%