Delivering Cake This Saturday

Decorating By brenda549 Updated 4 May 2011 , 9:30pm by lilmissbakesalot

brenda549 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brenda549 Posted 28 Apr 2011 , 3:12pm
post #1 of 9

I have a four tiered cake (12, 10, 8, 6, all squares) to deliver Saturday. I am using SPS for support and stacking. It is not that far for delivery (a few miles). What are your experiences? Is it best to deliver stacked or stack on site? What are some things I need to consider?

I have delivered stacked before, but it was only 2 tiers.

Thanks!

8 replies
leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 28 Apr 2011 , 3:32pm
post #2 of 9

With SPS, stack what you can lift. For me that would be the bottom two tiers.

JessicakesBakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JessicakesBakes Posted 28 Apr 2011 , 3:49pm
post #3 of 9

Please forgive me, I am still new - - - what does SPS mean?

NJCakery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NJCakery Posted 28 Apr 2011 , 3:57pm
post #4 of 9

The Single Plate Separator Plate and Pillar System takes the entire worry away when using the SPS plate system. Bakery Crafts® SPS System: Plates and Pillars.

NJCakery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NJCakery Posted 28 Apr 2011 , 4:51pm
post #5 of 9

Ugh - my computer shut down, and I wasn't finished with my post -- go figure. Anyway, there is a lot of info here in CC on stacking systems, and this is something I am only just starting to investigate myself. Good luck with your delivery and set up on Saturday icon_smile.gif

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 29 Apr 2011 , 12:41am
post #6 of 9

For four tiers I deliver the bottom two stacked and assemble the others on site. Here's the video I made explaining what I do. It's not complicated icon_smile.gif

brenda549 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brenda549 Posted 29 Apr 2011 , 1:20am
post #7 of 9

Thanks, everyone! Your advice is greatly appreciated. Costumeczar, thanks for the video! Your explanation was exactly what I was thinking.

VanillaCoke Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
VanillaCoke Posted 4 May 2011 , 9:12pm
post #8 of 9

I stack on site. I would stack two tiers, but usually I just feel better about it when they're all boxed up safe and sound.

lilmissbakesalot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lilmissbakesalot Posted 4 May 2011 , 9:30pm
post #9 of 9

I'd stack it before delivery, but I do that for most cakes. I hate assembling on site and avoid it at all costs (other than damage to the cake that is... LOL).

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%