Need " Going Away Party" Cake Ideas

Decorating By Larie Updated 29 Apr 2011 , 8:46pm by KristyCakes

Larie Posted 28 Apr 2011 , 3:09pm
post #1 of 5

can anyone send me some ideas for couple that is leaving our church to relocate with work? my creative well is DRY! I am stumped. She is a nurse and he is a banker, they have 2 labs, 2 boys and are very big into music.

ANY ideas would be GREAT!!!

4 replies
kakeladi Posted 29 Apr 2011 , 1:59am
post #2 of 5

You don't give any idea of the size of this needed cake. Or when so here are my ideas.

Maybe something along the lines of each state (going to/from) with the labs & boys - hey one of each on each cake/state? The states could be outlined on a sheet OR cut from cake and put side by side on same board.

Go with a generic you'll be missed idea? I remember yrs ago seeing a pic of a cartoon little girl with a huge tear falling w/a hanky in her hand waving. This could be done on most any size or shape cake: sheet, round or sq.

Tiers showing them going down the 'hill' into the area of their new home. I'm thinking of a car w/dogs hanging out the window or tied to the top of a car.....some kind of scene (trees, mtns, tall buildings???) along the way as they wind down a road.This is something along the lines of what I'm trying to say: http://cakecentral.com/gallery/2018550/

I don't know w/o more info if any of these idea will help.

kakeladi Posted 29 Apr 2011 , 2:08am
post #3 of 5

http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-716858.html
Here is another post with a similar request. Maybe something here will inspire you.

tokazodo Posted 29 Apr 2011 , 2:33am
post #4 of 5

You could always keep it simple and make a book and write a bible verse on one page, and "We're turning the page to our next chapter", or "Our story continues". something along those lines.

Or a simple design of stripes or flowers or both always work.

KristyCakes Posted 29 Apr 2011 , 8:46pm
post #5 of 5

Suitcase stack?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%