Stressed Out, Help!

Decorating By carmenid Updated 28 Apr 2011 , 4:21pm by sillywabbitz

carmenid Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
carmenid Posted 28 Apr 2011 , 1:03pm
post #1 of 8

Someone from Church called yesterday and asked if I could make a cake for this Saturday and I gladly said yes. It's for 75 people and the theme is farewell. Another Church congregation was created and we are loosing about 25 of our members, it is closer for them to attend the new congregation than the one we attend now.

Anyway, so I have just baked the bottom cake so far. 12 inch square vanilla cake and today I will be baking the second tier tonight. I am slowly getting stressed out about the decoration , I have no clue how to make a farewell theme out of a two tiered cake, any ideas?

Thought of doing the top cake round just give it some interest. And then i though of making it square and topsy turvy wedge style but I don't have enough time to do flowers to fill the wedge.

What do you think?

7 replies
Jennifer353 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jennifer353 Posted 28 Apr 2011 , 1:13pm
post #2 of 8

Instead of tiering them could you put the layers beside each other and put a bridge between them? Particularly if the second cake is smaller that could be the group who are leaving and maybe put your group praying while the other people go over the bridge?

sillywabbitz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sillywabbitz Posted 28 Apr 2011 , 1:29pm
post #3 of 8

Can you just make it pretty and put a message on the cake or the board. You could do crosses as accents. I'm not sure if this helps but it's a simple design I did for a christening.

http://www.keeponcaking.com/2011/03/christening-cake/

Good luck with your cake.

ycknits Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ycknits Posted 28 Apr 2011 , 1:45pm
post #4 of 8

I love the idea of the bridge.... you could also do a gumpaste rainbow with a cross in the middle - or a rainbow with a cloud or a sun and sunrays coming out from behind it - to bridge the two cakes...

PoodleDoodle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PoodleDoodle Posted 28 Apr 2011 , 1:47pm
post #5 of 8

I like Jennifer's idea. Shows division but united as well. I'd decorate it with fun up lifting colors & flowers with a wooden foot bridge connecting the two cakes. You may be able to find a plastic bridge at your cake supply store. I think I used one from a bag of army men toys once.

Good luck.

cakegirl1973 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakegirl1973 Posted 28 Apr 2011 , 1:50pm
post #6 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by sillywabbitz

Can you just make it pretty and put a message on the cake or the board. You could do crosses as accents. I'm not sure if this helps but it's a simple design I did for a christening.

Good luck with your cake.

I love this design. It is simple but elegant. I think it is perfect for the occasion and there is plenty of room on the top tier for a farewell message. Good luck with your cake!

carmenid Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
carmenid Posted 28 Apr 2011 , 4:09pm
post #7 of 8

Love the ideas, however I don't have much time for molding. The cake is for this Saturday and I can only work on it in the evenings after work.

I received an e-mail from one of the ladies at church who said to use vibrant reds and antique white as a color scheme and a warm / springtime theme.

Came accross this picture and I love what I see for the second tier of the cake. However I can't pipe to save my life, do you think that it will look good with punch out fondant flowers?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/24367079@N04/4591140465/

appreciate the help!

sillywabbitz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sillywabbitz Posted 28 Apr 2011 , 4:21pm
post #8 of 8

I think you could do fondant flowers and leaves and make it look nice. Be sure and make plenty of leaves and filler flowers so you can fill in the open spaces if you want it to look as dense as the buttercream.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%