A Little Brag And A Question For Other Biz Owners

Decorating By cakesdivine Updated 28 Apr 2011 , 7:52am by Dayti

cakesdivine Posted 28 Apr 2011 , 4:29am
post #1 of 3

I received a call from a reporter with the New Braunfels Herald-Zeitung newspaper. They wanted to do a phone interview about how the Royal wedding has impacted my business. I chuckled at first because at this point it hasn't since as far as I know they haven't revealed much about the wedding yet (dress is a secret, decor, cake not seen yet) At least to my knowledge I haven't seen anything other than a random interview with the pastry chef who was commissioned to prepare the cake and other desserts for the reception and other parties leading to the big day and nothing was revealed in the interview I saw.

I let the reporter know that once the wedding was over, and the cake was revealed that I felt sure that I would be bombarded with brides wanting to have that cake replicated for their wedding. We spoke about other things in regard to the cake business, and my background. But the main focus of the article is how the Royal Wedding is going to effect the wedding industry in the future.

It was quite fun to do and quite unexpected too. She said she contacted me because a few people who work at the paper rave about my cakes and she checked out my site and gave me a call.

So there is was the "brag". Now to my question...have any of you other biz owners been asked yet to replicate the cake from the Royal Wedding for a future order? I haven't but I do expect it to happen, maybe even as early as the day after...LOL! Waiting to see if designs I already have on the books end up changing after the Royal event...we shall see icon_lol.gif

2 replies
KoryAK Posted 28 Apr 2011 , 6:14am
post #2 of 3

It hasn't happened for me and I don't expect it to. Who knows though? I DID have a lady come and order 6 cupcakes with baker's choice fancy decor for her royal wedding party. She was surprised that she was the only one with such a request and that we were not carrying special desserts for it already. But that's just one lady icon_smile.gif

Dayti Posted 28 Apr 2011 , 7:52am
post #3 of 3

I think we all need to start practicing our Lambeth techniques, since apparently that is going to be the main focus of the decoration!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%