Mmf Question

Decorating By lisssa Updated 28 Apr 2011 , 8:33pm by lisssa

lisssa Posted 28 Apr 2011 , 2:15am
post #1 of 10

hello!
I have a question about MMF. I have to make a cake for Saturday, I like the tase for MMF, I tried it before. My question is:
- can I refrigirate the cake after covering with MMF?? Or the color is going to come out?

I will cover the cake on Saturday, but when is done, what should I do with it?? I will make a design, an easy one, but still , I am concern.
Please help!
Thank you!

9 replies
Marianna46 Posted 28 Apr 2011 , 2:37am
post #2 of 10

The problem is not the color fading, but the condensation that forms on the cake, which will melt your fondant, especially if you live in a humid climate. One way to get around this is to put your cake in a sturdy box and wrap the box airtight in plastic wrap before you put it in the fridge. Then when you take the cake out, don't unwrap it until the cake has come to room temperature. That way the condensation forms on the box, not on the cake. But, unless your cake has perishable ingredients like fresh fruit or custard filling, you don't need to refrigerate it at all. Fondant seals a cake and keeps it fresh for several days.

NaNaof5 Posted 28 Apr 2011 , 2:39am
post #3 of 10

Is there a reason it needs to be refrigerated? Filling etc? It will be OK in the fridge. If refrigeration is not necessary for the filling, then I would just put it in the box.
icon_smile.gif

cakegirl1973 Posted 28 Apr 2011 , 2:55am
post #4 of 10

If you do stick it in the fridge, when you take it out, do not touch the cake. Just let the condensation evaporate.

lisssa Posted 28 Apr 2011 , 3:11am
post #5 of 10

the filling is with whipped cream.

Can I put in the fridge in a cake container like this one?

Thank you for the prompt responses thumbs_up.gif

lisssa Posted 28 Apr 2011 , 3:54pm
post #6 of 10

please help!

malene541 Posted 28 Apr 2011 , 4:06pm
post #7 of 10

I cover my cakes with MMF and put them in the fridge all the time. I've never had any issue with condensation. I'm thinking your humidity must be a huge factor. I live in a dryer part of Oregon. ??

lisssa Posted 28 Apr 2011 , 4:44pm
post #8 of 10

I will try

I live in Chicago so the weather is not that bad
thank u!

Marianna46 Posted 28 Apr 2011 , 6:06pm
post #9 of 10

The cake keeper you linked to should work, lisssa. If you have time, you could just stick a piece of fondant in the fridge and see what happens to it when you take it out. That will tell you what you need to do with the cake. It DOES need to be refrigerated because of the whipped cream, though. If you end up using the cake keeper, let the cake come to room temperature before opening it. If you don't cover the cake, by all means, don't touch it until the moisture evaporates. Best of luck with this!

lisssa Posted 28 Apr 2011 , 8:33pm
post #10 of 10

thank you all!

I just finished the one for today.

i will let u know!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%