SecretAgentCakeBaker Posted 5 May 2011 , 4:06am
post #61 of 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claireybear1121

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaF144a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claireybear1121

There is a cup cake bar in my town. The cake flavors are horrible and the frosting tastes like lard, but it's a cupcake bar nonetheless. I've been doing this idea for my daughter's birthday parties for a decade! Lol, kids love it.

OMG! Do you live in the Rochester area? Cause if you do, I know exactly which store you mean. I went once - overpriced and awful!

Linda, I do!!! It's so funny that you could know exactly where I was talking about icon_smile.gif East side of the city.

I saw that place on the news last year so I checked out their website. After seeing the pictures of the cupcakes, I thought they looked very amateurish, then after reading a news article where she says she decided that she wanted to open a cupcake shop, THEN learned how to bake, I decided not to stop in. It is good to hear a review from someone that has tried it. We drive by it at least once a week and my daughter keeps asking to stop there.

There is a newish shop by the canal, not far from Ben & Jerrys. We checked it out a few weeks ago with some friends. Cute shop, not a bar though. The cupcakes looked very pretty, decent tasting, but very sweet and we could not finish them in one sitting. Maybe I'm just not used to other people's cupcakes. It was hot in there and quite uncomfortable.

I really like the cakes from Phillips!

Linda, good luck on your future shop!

WeeSooz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
WeeSooz Posted 8 May 2011 , 12:16pm
post #62 of 63

Going back to the original link - can I be really dumb and ask, what are cake drops? The photos on the site were so fuzzy, I couldn't actually see what they were. Are they like layers of bc and cake? I didn't understand what she is selling, but maybe that's just because I haven't seen them before.

CakesDivine, I wish you every success with your business - even if it has been done before elsewhere, no reason you can't be doing it too - and maybe better!! icon_smile.gif

4realLaLa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
4realLaLa Posted 8 May 2011 , 8:35pm
post #63 of 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by leah_s

ugh! The misspelled words! The over use of !! The small font!

They're selling cake balls!

I agree with Leah. There are pics in the bottom right hand corner and they are cake balls.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%