Will My Cupcakes Be Okay?

Baking By momof2kids Updated 2 May 2011 , 10:29pm by Emma92

momof2kids Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momof2kids Posted 27 Apr 2011 , 7:20pm
post #1 of 8

I have an order for 200 cupcakes and a cake due Saturday morning at 9, if I start decorating them on Thursday, finish on Friday, will they be okay? How should I store them after they're decorated, should I store them in the fridge or just put them in the boxes that I will be transporting them in? Should I maybe brush them with a simple syrup before icing them. They'll be iced in buttercream, with a tiger's face piped on in buttercream. Sorry for all the questions, I am new to this, and unfortunately all I've been thinking about, and stressing about is the cupcakes. I can totally do the cakes, but these 200 cupcakes are killing me. Thank you.[/list]

7 replies
Kellbella Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kellbella Posted 27 Apr 2011 , 7:31pm
post #2 of 8

They should be fine....store them in the boxes (with lids hopefully) that you will be transporting them in and they'll stay fresh!

Emma92 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Emma92 Posted 27 Apr 2011 , 9:39pm
post #3 of 8

aslong as you totally cover the top of the cupcakes with buttercream and leave no gaps then they should be fine as they are sealed..
sometimes its easier to do a thin layer of Glase icing before piping your buttercream to make sure it is sealed.

hope this helps icon_smile.gif

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 27 Apr 2011 , 9:52pm
post #4 of 8

Emma's comments are right on. As long the all cake is covered with icing they will be fine.
Use a crumb coat, brush with simple syrup of glaze 1st to seal the cake then you can put as much or little icing on it as you want.

ashleyandben Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ashleyandben Posted 29 Apr 2011 , 1:15am
post #5 of 8

Can you explain what you mean by glaze? what is the glaze made of? Thanks

Emma92 Posted 30 Apr 2011 , 8:15pm
post #6 of 8

Icing sugar and a small drop of boling water icon_smile.gif

you only need a really small amount of water.. it needs to be runny but not to runny.

icon_biggrin.gif

mheatherb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mheatherb Posted 1 May 2011 , 9:57pm
post #7 of 8

Icing sugar? Are you talking about powdered sugar? Can you be a little more specific as to amounts? Thx!

Emma92 Posted 2 May 2011 , 10:29pm
post #8 of 8

Not sure as i am from england, but im guessing icing sugar and powdered sugar are the same.

About 1 tea spoon of water to 3 table spoons of icing sugar.

icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%