Air Brush Booth On Tv!

Decorating By Loucinda Updated 2 May 2011 , 2:21pm by TexasSugar

Loucinda Posted 27 Apr 2011 , 6:02pm
post #1 of 12

I am just now getting to watching "Have Cake Will Travel" and Ashley is using one of the cakesafe.com Air brush booths on the show!! I LOVE mine, and think it is pretty cool that she is using one too. icon_biggrin.gif I called Scott to tell them congrats!! He told me he is offering a sale on them since they're on her show now...10% off. Good time to get one if you've been thinking about it! www.cakesafe.com LOVE their stuff!!

11 replies
TexasSugar Posted 27 Apr 2011 , 6:16pm
post #2 of 12

I just got one of thier warming boxes. I bought it from B. Keith Ryder in a sugar class I took. Much cheaper than other places I have seen, and love that it folds up nicely!

Loucinda Posted 27 Apr 2011 , 6:41pm
post #3 of 12

I have a cake safe and the airbrush booth, haven't gotten the hot box YET! I love it that all of his stuff is able to be stored in such a small space. All of their products are such high quality! When I go to work on the hot sugar later this year, I know I will get one of those too.

dchockeyguy Posted 27 Apr 2011 , 7:06pm
post #4 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasSugar

I just got one of thier warming boxes. I bought it from B. Keith Ryder in a sugar class I took. Much cheaper than other places I have seen, and love that it folds up nicely!

Unless Keith has changed, his boxes are not the same as the ones from CakeSafe. Keith has made his own warming boxes for years and offers to sell them after his class. Maybe he's struck a deal with Cake Safe people, but I'd have thought he'd have told me that.

TexasSugar Posted 27 Apr 2011 , 7:19pm
post #5 of 12

I just took this class last month in OK at Ruth Rickey's place. He had the home made boxes as well as the new boxes from cake safe. From my understanding he is planning on replacing all the hand made ones with these new ones.

Just looked on the CakeSafe site.

http://www.cakesafe.com/testimonials/sugarWarmingBox.php

There is a comment from Keith, and this picture is actually from the class I took. My mom is the second person in this picture and I am on her left in the black and white.

http://www.cakesafe.com/howitworks/sugarWarmingBox.php

BlakesCakes Posted 27 Apr 2011 , 7:20pm
post #6 of 12
Quote:

On cakesafe.com, they describe their warming boxes, "Sugar Shacks", as having been developed in response to requests from B.Keith Ryder & Peggy Tucker for inexpensive, lightweight set ups.

Very conceivable that Keith is now using & marketing them....

Rae

Loucinda Posted 27 Apr 2011 , 7:36pm
post #7 of 12

Yep - I have taken Keith's classes too, and Yes he is now carrying the "sugar shack" instead of the ones he used to make. (and the sugar shack from Cake Safe is cheaper than the ones Keith made that he was selling) Nicer looking, easier to store, and lower in price....did I say I LOVE cakesafe.com products? thumbs_up.gif

TexasSugar Posted 27 Apr 2011 , 7:53pm
post #8 of 12

Loucinda, I was going to get some plexiglass and have my brother make me one. I paid $185 to Keith, for the box, plug and the warming light. I figured in the end, it was much easier to buy the already made one. icon_smile.gif

dchockeyguy Posted 27 Apr 2011 , 10:07pm
post #9 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakesCakes

Quote:

On cakesafe.com, they describe their warming boxes, "Sugar Shacks", as having been developed in response to requests from B.Keith Ryder & Peggy Tucker for inexpensive, lightweight set ups.

Very conceivable that Keith is now using & marketing them....

Rae

Sounds like I need to drive over to Keith's and see if I can pick up one of his old ones.... icon_smile.gif

TexasSugar Posted 27 Apr 2011 , 10:11pm
post #10 of 12

Honestly, I'd splurge for the new ones. They are soooo nice! icon_smile.gif

I want to say the one he had made from PVC pipes he was selling in the class I was in for around $100. Can't remember for sure.

Loucinda Posted 30 Apr 2011 , 1:16am
post #11 of 12

I will opt to get the sugar shack from Cakesafe.com - just the amount of space it saves for storing is worth the cost to me. Space for cake tools is getting to a premium here! ALL of the things they sell break down and store so nicely.

TexasSugar Posted 2 May 2011 , 2:21pm
post #12 of 12

I totally understand the space thing. When I thought about building one, I was thinking, man now I'll need a place for this thing all the time. This one will fit nicely in a tub on my shelves.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%