Small Roses Please Help!!!

Decorating By ggcakes22 Updated 29 Apr 2011 , 4:45pm by susie1

ggcakes22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ggcakes22 Posted 27 Apr 2011 , 5:09pm
post #1 of 7

I'm making a bridal shower cake that has a border of gumpaste small roses, i really did not charge full price for this cake because its for a co-worker, so i really don't want to invest all that time to make the roses by hand....so does anyone know of a tip i could use to make roses, like the ones on cupcakes, i think for cupcakes its 1D, i want that effect but smaller

thanks

6 replies
cakification Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakification Posted 27 Apr 2011 , 5:12pm
post #2 of 7

You said they were Gumpaste flowers or buttercream?

For gumpaste, just use the duff roses. Cut out three small circles of fondant/gumpaste, then ley them out in front of you in a line, but overlapping slightly, and then roll them up. Done.

Marianna46 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marianna46 Posted 27 Apr 2011 , 5:23pm
post #3 of 7

Actually, if I'm not mistaken, each set of three circles for Duff roses will give you two flowers. Once you lay the circles out and roll them up, you cut them in half horizontally. I've made lots of these and I love the way they look, especially when there are a lot of them.

LisaPeps Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LisaPeps Posted 27 Apr 2011 , 5:36pm
post #4 of 7

The roses in my cake, were done using the duff method. I used the circle bit of any icing tip to cut out the small circles.

http://cakecentral.com/gallery/1788778/1788784

Here's the tutorial.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sweetlanda/1062291676/sizes/o/

It really isn't that time consuming and you won't be able to get the same look using buttercream.

ggcakes22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ggcakes22 Posted 29 Apr 2011 , 4:36pm
post #5 of 7

Thank you ladies!!!! I already made all the required "Duff Roses" for the cake, I'll post pictures next week when the cake is finalized.

susie1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
susie1 Posted 29 Apr 2011 , 4:45pm
post #6 of 7

Thank you so much for the tutorial!!!

susie1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
susie1 Posted 29 Apr 2011 , 4:45pm
post #7 of 7

Thank you so much for the tutorial!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%