Birthday Candles

Decorating By tat80 Updated 27 Apr 2011 , 5:17pm by tat80

tat80  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tat80 Posted 27 Apr 2011 , 1:10pm
post #1 of 7

Does anyone know where I can find birthday candles that look like Tiki torches? My daughter wants a Hawaiian themed pool party for her birthday. She requested tiki torches, but since she is only 10 I told her I wasn't comfortable with her and her friends running around with real torches, so we compromised by deciding to have birthday candles that looked like mini torches. So far I have only been able to find tiki head sculptures on mini candles. Does anyone know where I can find the torch shaped candles?

Thanks!

Ps- her party is in June

6 replies
 grama_j  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grama_j Posted 27 Apr 2011 , 1:54pm
post #2 of 7
tat80 Posted 27 Apr 2011 , 2:09pm
post #3 of 7

Grama_j-
I found those too. They are the tiki head sculpture candles. I am looking for ones that look like the bamboo torches that have the little cans of oil in them. But thanks for looking!

myKzooKid  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
myKzooKid Posted 27 Apr 2011 , 2:19pm
post #4 of 7

If you can't find them premade, you could always make some. You could shape the oil can part out of gumpaste and attach to a wooden skewer to stick in the cake. You would hollow out the top of the "oil can" to hold a candle cut down to a short length. If you do this ahead of time, it will dry hard enough to keep the candle in place. HTH.

tat80 Posted 27 Apr 2011 , 2:39pm
post #5 of 7

ImyKzooKid-
I think that is what I am going to have to end up doing. I was thinking of gluing pieces of toothpicks around a regular birthday candle, cut it short and use another toothpick to skewer the candle and stick into the cake. I was hoping to save myself some work! Haha. Thanks for your help

SSGirly  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SSGirly Posted 27 Apr 2011 , 4:14pm
post #6 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by tat80

I was thinking of gluing pieces of toothpicks around a regular birthday candle, cut it short and use another toothpick to skewer the candle and stick into the cake.

Just be sure the toothpicks won't catch fire!! icon_smile.gif

tat80 Posted 27 Apr 2011 , 5:17pm
post #7 of 7

Good point! Maybe gumpaste is a better idea! Lol

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%