Moist White Cake

Baking By CakeMixCakery Updated 27 Apr 2011 , 4:08am by Frecklysmom

CakeMixCakery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeMixCakery Posted 27 Apr 2011 , 3:22am
post #1 of 4

I am a box cake baker, i start with a box cake and i doctor it in someway. For you other box cake users what do you use or do to make your cakes moist? I do substituted the oil for applesauce, and that helps, but what else can i do?

3 replies
yummy_in_my_tummy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yummy_in_my_tummy Posted 27 Apr 2011 , 3:36am
post #2 of 4

I ALWAYS use the WASC recipe. Its one box mix, 1 cup sugar and 1 cup flour sifted. In a separate bowl, mix 3 eggs, 1 cup sour cream, some extract (vanilla usually, unless you're making a different flavor cake), along with 1 cup of liquid. I love the WASC recipe because you can customize it to any flavor. For example, I do a Dreamsicle cake, so I mix 1 cup orange juice as my liquid and use orange extract. Or, mocha cake uses 1 cup strong coffee with vanilla extract. But if you're just doing a white cake you can use vanilla extract and milk as you liquid.

Its the sour cream that makes the cake so moist icon_smile.gif

CupQuequito Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CupQuequito Posted 27 Apr 2011 , 3:47am
post #3 of 4

White Almond Sour Cream cake, (WASC) is, I think, EVERYONE'S go to recipe for doctored box mixes. You can NEVER go wrong with it! icon_smile.gif

However, if you want a white, white cake, you only use the egg whites. No yolk. So, 4 egg whites.

HTH

Frecklysmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Frecklysmom Posted 27 Apr 2011 , 4:08am
post #4 of 4

I use BC cake mix and add 1 box of white chocolate pudding and 1/3C sour cream. I bake at 325 and wrap them in plastic wrap while they are still slightly warm. Super moist!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%