Need Help On What Type Of Fondant Mat To Use

Decorating By sand_e Updated 28 Apr 2011 , 1:13am by SweetSouthernBakery

sand_e Posted 27 Apr 2011 , 12:57am
post #1 of 8


I would like suggestions on what to roll out my fondant at home. I have purchased the wilton mats (many times and i then throw them away because they mess up!) but are difficult to work with. I was planning on purchasing a rotary mat the is self healing, but not sure if that would work? Any suggestions please!!


7 replies
Scarlets-Cakes Posted 27 Apr 2011 , 1:06am
post #2 of 8

I purchased "The Mat" from and it works beautifully. You can watch a video on youtube. Just type in "The Mat" or "sweetwise".

Bizzers Posted 27 Apr 2011 , 1:11am
post #3 of 8

Yes, I recommend "The Mat" from Sweetwise as well. Fondant is rolled out between the two layers, the fondant stays on the mat and can be repositioned until you are ready to release it and it is foodsafeicon_smile.gif

hluterbach Posted 27 Apr 2011 , 1:25am
post #4 of 8

I just go to a place that sells fabric and buy vinyl by the yard. The fondant rolls out sooo nicely on it and NEVER sticks. After several months of tons of use it will lose it's shape but at 3.99 a yard it is cheap enough to keep buying. And it nicely sticks to my granite counter top so there is no slipping

Sweetgrl1963 Posted 27 Apr 2011 , 1:27am
post #5 of 8

The Mat. Never roll fondant without it. I live near Sweetwise. Awesome cake supply store, in Nashville tn. If in The area check it out.

JanH Posted 27 Apr 2011 , 3:53am
post #6 of 8
sand_e Posted 28 Apr 2011 , 1:00am
post #7 of 8

Thanks I will be purchasing The Mat!

SweetSouthernBakery Posted 28 Apr 2011 , 1:13am
post #8 of 8

The Mat is amazing. You will not regret it!

Quote by @%username% on %date%