Curious About Marshmellow Fondant

Decorating By AshleyRyan53 Updated 27 Apr 2011 , 1:36am by TinkerCakes

AshleyRyan53 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AshleyRyan53 Posted 27 Apr 2011 , 12:07am
post #1 of 7

I am just starting to make cakes icon_biggrin.gif I have heard many things on marshmellow fondant tasting so much better. Does it work just as well??? Seems to good to be true & if it is i don't want to waste my time. Thanks

6 replies
AshleyRyan53 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AshleyRyan53 Posted 27 Apr 2011 , 12:10am
post #2 of 7

MarshmAllow*!

LoveMeSomeCake615 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LoveMeSomeCake615 Posted 27 Apr 2011 , 1:12am
post #3 of 7

It can be more challenging to work with. We use it because it tastes SO much better than Wilton fondant, and it is much cheaper to make it yourself rather than buy ready made. But it can be more sticky and stretchy. It's not impossible to work with, just different. We just got some Fondarific to try, and I have heard it is easier to work with. It tastes awesome, but it is definitely more expensive than MMF. HTH!

morrisaz2004 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
morrisaz2004 Posted 27 Apr 2011 , 1:22am
post #4 of 7

I think marshmallow fondant is the best. That being said, it took me over a year to get the right consistency. Too much powdered sugar and it gets crumbly, but too little leaves it stretchy. Now that I've finally got it down, it comes out wonderful and easy to work with. People that don't like fondant, really seem to like marshmallow fondant. Good luck.

sugar_shaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugar_shaker Posted 27 Apr 2011 , 1:23am
post #5 of 7

I only use Marshmallow fondant as a rule. Wilton Fondant tastes like something off the bottom of a shoe. It does take some getting used to, it is very sticky and mess to make. But, I find it much easier to use because the pre-made stuff is very hard and stiff, hard to get going and shape. With MMF, it's fresh and you can use it a little warm and it is SO much easier. You can make as little or as much as you need at a time, and it is MUCH cheaper! All around I would say getting aquainted with MMF is worth the effort! Your clients will be MUCH happier with the taste and your muscles in your hands and arms will thank you for it!

osorio Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
osorio Posted 27 Apr 2011 , 1:33am
post #6 of 7

For me it´s very good and cheap.

TinkerCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TinkerCakes Posted 27 Apr 2011 , 1:36am
post #7 of 7

I use marshmallow fondant, cheap and easy. CHEAP is important because, even though it tastes better than the others, everyone still peels it off! Rarely do I see people eat much of it. Fondant looks nice but usually people like the buttercream or ganache under it....at least in my experience!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%