Awesome Birthday Present From My Husband!

Decorating By laurenboxall Updated 27 Apr 2011 , 12:33pm by RobinO

laurenboxall Posted 26 Apr 2011 , 11:52pm
post #1 of 9

It was my birthday on the weekend and I've been saving up for ages for an Agbay (and admittedly talked non-stop about it)
Since they are not exactly cheap I just asked for money towards one for my birthday but my darling husband actually bought one for me! He even bought to deluxe model and it is SO GOOD!
As much as he sometimes whinges that I spend too much time doing cakes, it's really nice when he surprises me with cake toys!
The only problem is now I have to come up with an awesome present for his birthday! lol

8 replies
Coral3 Posted 27 Apr 2011 , 12:03am
post #2 of 9

Congrats on both your Agbay and your lovely husband!

Now I'm off to suggest hubby give me cash toward an airbrush for my next birthday...

ibmoser Posted 27 Apr 2011 , 12:11am
post #3 of 9

Wow - he is a definite keeper LOL!!

PistachioCranberry Posted 27 Apr 2011 , 12:14am
post #4 of 9

Congrats and have fun making excuses to make cakes just to use it.

laurenboxall Posted 27 Apr 2011 , 2:09am
post #5 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coral3

Congrats on both your Agbay and your lovely husband!

Now I'm off to suggest hubby give me cash toward an airbrush for my next birthday...

Thanks - he is a sweetie - I got an airbrush for Christmas a few years ago from him as well. He had me convinced that he wasn't buying me the Agbay as it was too expensive - so it was a very nice surprise... now I have to decide what to do with the money that my parents gave me to put towards the Agbay - I'm thinking a Planet Cake course...

RobinO Posted 27 Apr 2011 , 2:27am
post #6 of 9

That's wonderful! And this is probably a dumb question, but what are Planet Cake courses?

laurenboxall Posted 27 Apr 2011 , 2:39am
post #7 of 9

Planet Cake is a store in Sydney, Australia that makes cakes but also does courses.

The are best known for using ganache and getting REALLY sharp edges on their fondant.

You can see some of their courses on the link below:
http://www.planetcake.com.au/courses/classes.php

klutzy_baker Posted 27 Apr 2011 , 3:00am
post #8 of 9

That was really sweet of you husband icon_smile.gif

Happy belated b-day and have fun with your Agbay!

RobinO Posted 27 Apr 2011 , 12:33pm
post #9 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by laurenboxall

Planet Cake is a store in Sydney, Australia that makes cakes but also does courses.

The are best known for using ganache and getting REALLY sharp edges on their fondant.

You can see some of their courses on the link below:
http://www.planetcake.com.au/courses/classes.php

Wow, they do incredible work! I don't blame you for wanting to take one of their courses!!! That kind of perfection is what I hope to achieve one day.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%