Puhleeease Please Help Me With My Minis : (

Baking By hollyberry91 Updated 29 Apr 2011 , 2:53pm by aprilismaius

hollyberry91 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hollyberry91 Posted 26 Apr 2011 , 11:39pm
post #1 of 8

So i'm gonna do 500 mini cupcakes for an event and I am having soo much trouble with liners peeling off : ( I know this is a common problem people talk about on this site. I've read to flip your cupcakes out of the pan immediately after taking them out of the oven and i've been doing that but they are still peeling off. I don't think i'm over baking at all either. If you don't mind sharing please comment and tell me what brand of mini liners you use and if you have problems with them peeling off. Any other tips welcome!! Thank you so much for any help!

7 replies
JohnnyCakes1966 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JohnnyCakes1966 Posted 27 Apr 2011 , 12:05am
post #2 of 8

Purchase liners that fit comfortably in your pan without having to push them down. Even though they are mini liners, if the liners are so big that you have to push them into the pan, you are compressing the liner. Therefore, when you take the cupcakes out of the pan, the liners will start to relax to their natural shape and peel away. This is also why people complain that their liners cave in....the liners are too big for the pan. I can't really tell you what brand to use since pans are different, but just find liners that fit your pans.

scp1127 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scp1127 Posted 27 Apr 2011 , 2:06am
post #3 of 8

Use greaseproof, QUALITY liners. Also, Reynold's foil will not peel.I am a scratch baker with very moist cupcakes. When I was experimenting with liners, knowing I was opening a business, cute, cheap liners peeled every time. This is not the place to cut corners. Now, I can bake the exact amount of cupcakes I need and I have every one keep their liners.

lorimarie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lorimarie Posted 27 Apr 2011 , 2:46am
post #4 of 8

I have to say I have to agree with scp...every single time I have bought cute little liners they fail! I really like the Reynolds foil lined ones, have not seen them in mini but in regular size they are awesome. Pretty and they do not peel. Stay away from any seasonal liners you find at Target and Walmart- they always peel and you cant really see the design well once they bake.

hollyberry91 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hollyberry91 Posted 27 Apr 2011 , 3:17am
post #5 of 8

Thank ya'll so much for the advice! Do you know where I can purchase grease proof mini liners? Thanks!! icon_smile.gif

itsacake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
itsacake Posted 27 Apr 2011 , 3:54am
post #6 of 8

I learned from a colleague that you can often bake mini cupcakes without liners. Grease the pans, bake the cupcakes, remove from the pans and THEN put them into liners. The liners look really nice and clean that way. Some recipes don't work because the cupcakes stick, but when it works it is brilliant! I haven't tried this with full-size cupcakes because I don't offer them at this time, but it should work the same way.

scp1127 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scp1127 Posted 27 Apr 2011 , 6:54am
post #7 of 8

Both the Reynolds and greaseproof are online. This place is where I get my greaseproof liners and tulip liners. They also have foil in minis. Prices are good and thay have large quantity discounts.
http://www.thebakerskitchen.net/cupcake-and-muffin-liners.aspx

aprilismaius Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aprilismaius Posted 29 Apr 2011 , 2:53pm
post #8 of 8

another place to get greaseproof mini liners is vikingimporting dot com

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%