Cream Cheese Frosting Under Fondant?

Baking By alsearer Updated 26 Apr 2011 , 9:59pm by ConfectionsCC

alsearer Posted 26 Apr 2011 , 9:06pm
post #1 of 4

Ok another big question from a first timer. My boyfriends favorite cake is spice cake and he usually likes it with a cream cheese frosting. I plan to make him a cake that looks like a tire done in fondant so I need a cream cheese buttercream that I can use under fondant. That is workable right? Does anyone have any suggestions?! Thanks so much!!

3 replies
sugarlover Posted 26 Apr 2011 , 9:31pm
post #2 of 4

there is a recipe on CC for cream cheese BC.

SHYLERScakes Posted 26 Apr 2011 , 9:53pm
post #3 of 4

I use the decorators cream cheese frosting from the recipes section...when filing the cake, I only use about 1/2 of the powdered sugar the recipe calls for (less sweet and more of a cream cheesy flavor) and to crumb coat and ice, I add meringue powder and remaining powdered sugar so that it forms a really nice crust that you can smooth and cover with fondant...HTH

ConfectionsCC Posted 26 Apr 2011 , 9:59pm
post #4 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHYLERScakes

I use the decorators cream cheese frosting from the recipes section...when filing the cake, I only use about 1/2 of the powdered sugar the recipe calls for (less sweet and more of a cream cheesy flavor) and to crumb coat and ice, I add meringue powder and remaining powdered sugar so that it forms a really nice crust that you can smooth and cover with fondant...HTH

Thanks for that tip!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%