Cakes With No Eggs?! Please Help.

Baking By xSam12x Updated 26 Apr 2011 , 10:56pm by cowie

xSam12x Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
xSam12x Posted 26 Apr 2011 , 6:21pm
post #1 of 6

Hi everyone, Ive been asked to make a cake for someone but they cant eat eggs, any ideas on recipes? Im only realy used to making the standard sponge, im more of a decorator than baker :/ They want it for 100 people, Whats the best way to do this? I'm not too sure on portion sizes.

Thank youuu icon_smile.gif

5 replies
Sugar-Coated Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sugar-Coated Posted 26 Apr 2011 , 6:32pm
post #2 of 6

Cherrybrook Kitchens makes a cake mix that is egg/nut/dairy free. You just add oil or margarine (or butter if you're not allergic to dairy).

jason_kraft Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jason_kraft Posted 26 Apr 2011 , 6:36pm
post #3 of 6

We make cakes without eggs all the time...they taste great, the main difference is that they are denser than traditional cakes. You can do a search online for vegan cake recipes (vegan means no animal products, so no eggs an no dairy), here's one that has good reviews:

If the customer has an allergy to eggs you'll want to make sure all your surfaces and equipment are thoroughly cleaned and sanitized first.

xSam12x Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
xSam12x Posted 26 Apr 2011 , 6:42pm
post #4 of 6

Thanks for the quick replies icon_smile.gif Ill have a look at the link, they arnt allergic to eggs i think its religious reasons

imagenthatnj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imagenthatnj Posted 26 Apr 2011 , 7:08pm
post #5 of 6

There are vegetarian recipes here, so you might be able to find something:

http://www.chefchloe.com/recipes/category/general/1.html

cowie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cowie Posted 26 Apr 2011 , 10:56pm
post #6 of 6

I make no egg/no milk cakes all the time. They are much denser then a normal cake and have a unique smell to them as they cook. But are enjoyed like any other cake! The no egg/no milk cake that I bake does not rise at all. Good to remember.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%