Cakes With No Eggs?! Please Help.

Baking By xSam12x Updated 26 Apr 2011 , 10:56pm by cowie

xSam12x Posted 26 Apr 2011 , 6:21pm
post #1 of 6

Hi everyone, Ive been asked to make a cake for someone but they cant eat eggs, any ideas on recipes? Im only realy used to making the standard sponge, im more of a decorator than baker :/ They want it for 100 people, Whats the best way to do this? I'm not too sure on portion sizes.

Thank youuu icon_smile.gif

5 replies
Sugar-Coated Posted 26 Apr 2011 , 6:32pm
post #2 of 6

Cherrybrook Kitchens makes a cake mix that is egg/nut/dairy free. You just add oil or margarine (or butter if you're not allergic to dairy).

jason_kraft Posted 26 Apr 2011 , 6:36pm
post #3 of 6

We make cakes without eggs all the time...they taste great, the main difference is that they are denser than traditional cakes. You can do a search online for vegan cake recipes (vegan means no animal products, so no eggs an no dairy), here's one that has good reviews:

If the customer has an allergy to eggs you'll want to make sure all your surfaces and equipment are thoroughly cleaned and sanitized first.

xSam12x Posted 26 Apr 2011 , 6:42pm
post #4 of 6

Thanks for the quick replies icon_smile.gif Ill have a look at the link, they arnt allergic to eggs i think its religious reasons

imagenthatnj Posted 26 Apr 2011 , 7:08pm
post #5 of 6

There are vegetarian recipes here, so you might be able to find something:

http://www.chefchloe.com/recipes/category/general/1.html

cowie Posted 26 Apr 2011 , 10:56pm
post #6 of 6

I make no egg/no milk cakes all the time. They are much denser then a normal cake and have a unique smell to them as they cook. But are enjoyed like any other cake! The no egg/no milk cake that I bake does not rise at all. Good to remember.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%