Have Cake Order Due....sick....how Do You Handle?

Decorating By Shelley51708 Updated 26 Apr 2011 , 5:02pm by ConfectionsCC

Shelley51708 Posted 26 Apr 2011 , 4:33pm
post #1 of 4

How do you handle it when an unexpected sickness hinders your ability to deliver a cake that is ordered a month in advance??

3 replies
carmijok Posted 26 Apr 2011 , 4:47pm
post #2 of 4

I had the flu when I had to do a baby shower cake. (baby peeking out of box in my photos) I powered on through it...taking it a day at a time and doing a little bit each day so that all I had to do was assemble it, deliver it, and come home and crash. I wore a mask and gloves so as not to contaminate the cake. If you are so bad that you can't get out of bed at all, try and find a baker in your area that can help you out. Sorry you're sick!

Shelley51708 Posted 26 Apr 2011 , 4:55pm
post #3 of 4

thankfully I had the cakes baked already in anticipation of some time issues, but not the icing or fondant. It's a simple cake to put together, but still tiring. I too am using gloves and mask, just was wondering how everyone else managed. Thanks for your response!

ConfectionsCC Posted 26 Apr 2011 , 5:02pm
post #4 of 4

Sorry you are sick icon_sad.gif I too use the mask and gloves while sick...I was sick last weekend with a wedding cake and birthday cake to do. I just sat as much as I could, I normally will do an entire cake start to finish!! Take breaks, and lots of medicine! I was on tylonal round the clock, with dayquill and nyquill!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%