Make The Cut Making Dh Ticked!!

Decorating By lolobell Updated 26 Apr 2011 , 8:04pm by tiggy2

lolobell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lolobell Posted 26 Apr 2011 , 5:27am
post #1 of 8

hi all!!

have had a cricut since December and although I'm still working out the kinks...I love it!

Heard through the grape-vine about "MAKE THE CUT" program and wanted to know what you all thought?

I have a cake I'm working on tomorrow that i would love to have the access to something like that...

HOWEVER, my DH does not like the idea of putting more $$ into something that we know nothing about...have no idea of how easy it is to use...and if it's something I will use just once in a while!...

any input to settle this dispute would be greatly appreciated!!!

7 replies
myslady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
myslady Posted 26 Apr 2011 , 5:55am
post #2 of 8

I don't know how the program works but I heard that cricut updated their software and now make the cut no longer works with the cricut.

you can try and find out more information from their website: http://make-the-cut.com/ or you can do a google search for MTC cakecentral and the threads discussing this should pop up.

lolobell Posted 26 Apr 2011 , 5:59am
post #3 of 8

wooooo! thanks so much for that information! i was on their site tonight and it appeared to still work with cricut...however, i did not look at it that closely! i will indeed to that now!

thanks again!

lolobell Posted 26 Apr 2011 , 6:02am
post #4 of 8

YOU ARE RIGHT!!! how i missed that big red slash through the cricut info i will never know!

anyone have another idea of a downloadable program like it???

ApplegumPam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ApplegumPam Posted 26 Apr 2011 , 6:03am
post #5 of 8

Correct info !

http://forum.make-the-cut.com/discussion/comment/187488/#Comment_187488

and don't bother with Sure Cuts a Lot either - they will be stopping them as well

Cricut just want you to spend your money on their cartridges!

lolobell Posted 26 Apr 2011 , 6:08am
post #6 of 8

what a shame....thanks for the info!

cakefairy03 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakefairy03 Posted 26 Apr 2011 , 12:09pm
post #7 of 8

If you really want a program like this...you should buy SCAL now! They are being sued too, but you can still get the software before they take it off the market. I've heard it will work as long as you don't do updates on the Cricut. I got mine a couple weeks ago and so far so good!

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 26 Apr 2011 , 8:04pm
post #8 of 8

Cakefaury03 is correct, if you get scal now and don't ever update it or update the firmware on youjr cricut it will work. I still use MTC but haven't updated it since the lawsuit so it works just fine.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%