dukeswalker Posted 26 Apr 2011 , 5:16am
post #1 of

Her: "You know...like the one that Cake Boss did?"

I have a request for a square cake with a firetruck on top and a burning house - like the one Buddy did.....

Me: Sure! How many servings do you need?

Her: 20.

Me: ummmmmmm.......

12 replies
indydebi Posted 26 Apr 2011 , 5:54am
post #2 of
Quote:
Originally Posted by dukeswalker

Her: "You know...like the one that did?"

I have a request for a square cake with a firetruck on top and a burning house - like the one Buddy did.....

Me: Sure! How many servings do you need?

Her: 20.

Me: ummmmmmm.......




Her ... "like the one that (name any TV show cake person) did?"
Me ..... "Sure! I've always wanted to make a cake that started out with a $1500 minimum price tag, like he/she gets!! How high did you want to go?" (heh heh heh hehhhhhhh! icon_twisted.gif )

BakerAnn Posted 26 Apr 2011 , 6:07am
post #3 of
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

Quote:
Originally Posted by dukeswalker

Her: "You know...like the one that did?"

I have a request for a square cake with a firetruck on top and a burning house - like the one Buddy did.....

Me: Sure! How many servings do you need?

Her: 20.

Me: ummmmmmm.......



Her ... "like the one that (name any TV show cake person) did?"
Me ..... "Sure! I've always wanted to make a cake that started out with a $1500 minimum price tag, like he/she gets!! How high did you want to go?" (heh heh heh hehhhhhhh! icon_twisted.gif )




Love that response, Indydebi! I am going to file it away for future reference! thumbs_up.gif

KimmyD Posted 26 Apr 2011 , 9:23am
post #4 of

Indydebi, I ALWAYS love your responses. Quick, witty and to the point. icon_biggrin.gif

bakencake Posted 26 Apr 2011 , 2:17pm
post #5 of

her- can you deliver it for free. also, i will tell you i'll pay you on the day of delivery but will forget my check.

Misdawn Posted 26 Apr 2011 , 2:18pm
post #6 of

LUV IT!

Ummeiko Posted 26 Apr 2011 , 4:54pm
post #7 of

Customer: I want a cake like this - (random internet photo they found, usually of a tiered fondant cake).
Me: (eyebrows up) Uh... this is Wal-Mart...
...
Customer: So can I pick it up tomorrow?

dukeswalker Posted 26 Apr 2011 , 7:40pm
post #8 of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ummeiko

Customer: I want a cake like this - (random internet photo they found, usually of a tiered fondant cake).
Me: (eyebrows up) Uh... this is Wal-Mart...
...
Customer: So can I pick it up tomorrow?




bwahaha!! icon_lol.gif

HeyWife Posted 27 Apr 2011 , 5:31pm
post #9 of

Mine for this week was a request for two tiers, zebra on the bottom, blue with palm trees on top with a monkey topper. Servings needed....5!!! I was at least able to talk her into more servings!!

Marianna46 Posted 27 Apr 2011 , 5:49pm

You could always say something like: "The smallest cake I make feeds 30 and the least I charge is $100. Decorations are extra and are based on my per-hour salary when I'm making them. If Buddy Valastro's name comes into it in any way, the price automatically goes up by $250. But even them I'm a steal and I'm worth it." Please feel free to make any necessary changes in the text as the situation warrants.

Torea Posted 27 Apr 2011 , 5:50pm

You guy's are cracking me up!!! I can't stop laughing!!!! I got one last week that said..."Let me know when you can come and pick up my deposit. I said sure! That will be $20.00 added to your tab, do you want your cake delivered too for an additional delivery fee? Ha ha...

dukeswalker Posted 28 Apr 2011 , 12:30am
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torea

You guy's are cracking me up!!! I can't stop laughing!!!! I got one last week that said..."Let me know when you can come and pick up my deposit. I said sure! That will be $20.00 added to your tab, do you want your cake delivered too for an additional delivery fee? Ha ha...



rofl!

JohnnyCakes1966 Posted 28 Apr 2011 , 12:51am

I love the customers who want me to do licensed character cakes. When I tell them I can't, I've had responses from yelling at me to threatening to sue me to bribing me with extra cash and promising not to tell anyone. LOL. I told one woman I could do a base cake for her and she could buy the toy characters at Target. She asked if I would take that cost off my fee. icon_confused.gif Um...no. icon_rolleyes.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%