So Excited!

Decorating By Angela_Elise Updated 26 Apr 2011 , 1:41pm by ShaunPepe

Angela_Elise Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Angela_Elise Posted 26 Apr 2011 , 12:56am
post #1 of 6

I was so happy and wanted to share this with people who know the same kind of excitement!
I made my official first orders for people outside of my family this last week. By the mid of the week I was so frustrated because it seemed like nothing was going right. But, at the end of the week, when I reflected on the pictures of the cakes I did I felt better.
What's more is the responses I got! Those were great! One of my cake images went out to over 50 people in someones phone contacts with a text and picture thumbs_up.gif I was so happy! She said the cake was the best tasting cake she ever had and the icing had such a great unique flavor!I also made 2 sheet cakes for a church (white & chocolate) found my favorite chocolate icing recipe that is sooooo easy to work with and looks beautiful; and the best part was I already have 3 orders from the church cakes!
I'm so happy things are taking off a lot faster than what I thought they would and everyone has been very pleased with the flavors. Just when I was about to give up, it got good! So if any of you are thinking of throwing in the towel like I was, just hang in there and I promise it will be worth it once you start seeing how happy people are with your product - we can all do this!!!! icon_biggrin.gif

5 replies
NJCakery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NJCakery Posted 26 Apr 2011 , 1:09am
post #2 of 6

That is great news! Good luck with everything icon_smile.gif

LKing12 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LKing12 Posted 26 Apr 2011 , 1:38am
post #3 of 6

Taking your first order should be exciting. Congratulations! I assume that you are a licensed kitchen and have insurance so that you are legally covered against any repercussions for taking payment for cakes.
I was talking to a lady last week and she has been reported 3 times in her small community. She can no longer afford to do anything except for family. Hopefully that will not be your problem.

BakerAnn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakerAnn Posted 26 Apr 2011 , 6:33am
post #4 of 6

Angela, congratulations on your success! I can feel your excitement from your post and am thrilled for you! Keep up the good work! thumbs_up.gif

LKing12, people like the ones you describe frustrate me to no end. What's it to them that someone is doing a small cake business from her home? This reminds me just how happy I am that my closest neighbors are deer and antelope. And I actually do love people! Every state needs a Cottage Law.

scp1127 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scp1127 Posted 26 Apr 2011 , 1:05pm
post #5 of 6

Some of us don't agree with cottage law for food and do not want it in our state. And it is important to point out the law to anyone just starting out.

ShaunPepe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShaunPepe Posted 26 Apr 2011 , 1:41pm
post #6 of 6

Congratulations! Everything must be so exciting for you right now. Good luck and keep the orders coming.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%