Wasc & Creme Bouquet Questions

Baking By SweetTater Updated 26 Apr 2011 , 4:27am by SweetTater

SweetTater Posted 25 Apr 2011 , 9:00pm
post #1 of 7

I want to try creme bouquet in my next WASC cake. If I make the recipe size that calls for two boxes of cake mix, how much creme bouquet should I use? And should I eliminate the vanilla & almond extract?

For those of you who have played around with the WASC recipe, what is your favorite flavorings/extracts for white wedding cake. And amounts used for the "double batch/2 box" recipe?

Thanks!!

6 replies
Mb20fan Posted 25 Apr 2011 , 9:26pm
post #2 of 7

http://cakecentral.com/recipes/2322/white-almond-sour-cream-cake-wasc
Creme bouquet has a very distinct flavoring all on its own. If I were using that, I wouldn't add either vanilla or almond. It would seem as though there were too many contrasting flavors going on. If you are doubling - then you would be using 4 tsp total of creme bouquet since the recipe above calls for 4 tsp of flavoring (2 tsp van & 2 tsp almond).

This is the recipe that I have been using as well, only I personally didn't care for "creme bouquet". Kind of hard to describe the flavor profile. Lately, everything I've been making has been 'wedding cake' flavored. Sharon and Wendy use "Wedding Bouquet" in their icing (as Sharon mentions in her DVD) but I actually add it to my cake as well, in lieu of the vanilla and almond. If someone DID NOT want "wedding cake" flavor, then I use the vanilla/almond combo as a "white" cake.

Again...that's just me. But...LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the Wedding Bouquet flavoring we get locally. It's thicker than any extract - it's a great emulsified CREAMY blend of YUM!

SweetTater Posted 26 Apr 2011 , 1:15am
post #3 of 7

What is the brand of the wedding bouquet flavor, I'll look for it!

kakeladi Posted 26 Apr 2011 , 1:35am
post #4 of 7

If you read through my post on the *original* WASC recipe you will see I have mentioned flavorings are very personal. They can be changed to suit your tastes.
Yes, if you decide to use the creme bouquet do leave out the almond & vanilla.
I personally do not care for creme bouquet. I( have not tried the wedding bouquet yet.

Mb20fan Posted 26 Apr 2011 , 1:59am
post #5 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetTater

It is "Wedding Bouquet" - make locally by B & B Cake Supplies:
13096 Shannon Ln
Hammond, LA 70401
(985) 542-8079

No website...small mom and pop operation...but a huge clientele just for this emulsion. Call her - she is super sweet! I recentely let her know that this her wedding bouquet has been a hot topic as of late so give her a call and she will ship your order to you. Her name is Mrs. Sandra. icon_biggrin.gif

Kitagrl Posted 26 Apr 2011 , 2:07am
post #6 of 7

I haven't tried wedding bouquet because I tried creme bouquet and hated it...it was like a lemon flavor...and I was thinking....if I wanted lemon, I'd add lemon. ha.

So the wedding just adds sort of a creamy flavor?

SweetTater Posted 26 Apr 2011 , 4:27am
post #7 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mb20fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetTater

It is "Wedding Bouquet" - make locally by B & B Cake Supplies:
13096 Shannon Ln
Hammond, LA 70401
(985) 542-8079

No website...small mom and pop operation...but a huge clientele just for this emulsion. Call her - she is super sweet! I recentely let her know that this her wedding bouquet has been a hot topic as of late so give her a call and she will ship your order to you. Her name is Mrs. Sandra. icon_biggrin.gif

Thanks for the info! I'm going to call her tomorrow!

By the way, I did find some other posts about using creme bouquet with the WASC recipe. Several people listed using CB with vanilla and almond. And I did some baking tonight, making a few cupcakes with the leftover batter to taste test.

In one batch I used 2tsp of C.B. and 2 tsp of vanilla. In the other batch I used 2 tsp of C.B, 1 tsp of vanilla and 1 tsp. of almond. And honestly, I couldn't really tell much difference. I thought they both were yummy. I'll have to try just the CB alone. I realize it is mainly personal preference, so I'll just have fun testing!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%