3-D Chevy Nova

Decorating By susy93 Updated 24 May 2011 , 12:25am by emt750

susy93 Posted 25 Apr 2011 , 6:57pm
post #1 of 3

Ok I want to make a Chevy Nova cake for my sons Graduation next month. Not even sure where to start, would like to carve it and cover with fondant. What would I use for the wheels? I watch all the shows and see it done all the time, I have made many cakes but never carved one. Any suggestions or ideas would greatly be appriecated.

2 replies
knlcox Posted 25 Apr 2011 , 7:56pm
post #2 of 3

You could start with the Wilton Cruiser 3D car pan. If you don't have that then you could even start with a cake and carve it out in the shape that you need it. This site helps with carving out a car using just a cake and no 3D cruiser pan! It is a Lightening McQueen car but you can use the technique to carve the shape you need. Here's the link:

You can use rice krispy treats covered in fondant for the wheels and make the tire imprints using the end of a paintbrush and alternate pushing it into the edges of the tire. Hope this helps you out a bit!

emt750 Posted 24 May 2011 , 12:25am
post #3 of 3

Not sure if you made this already or not but, I have made a few car cakes and what I do is find a profile picture of the car and blow it up to whatever size car you need and use it as a template and carve from the side. Also use the blown up pic to make your support as it will show you wherebto place the cutouts for the wheels. I also made tires from Rkt and cut them with a circle cutter before they harden and then cover them with fondant.

Hope this helps,

Quote by @%username% on %date%