Customer Stiffed Me On Huge Order!!! And Rude!!!!!

Decorating By Cakes-and-bakes Updated 27 Apr 2011 , 7:37pm by imagenthatnj

Cakes-and-bakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakes-and-bakes Posted 26 Apr 2011 , 11:42pm
post #61 of 89

Popcorn picture LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLL I spit my coffee out onto the screen!
The resold pops, yes I did! she threw the box, and each pop was packaged individually with a cello wrapper, only a few scattered onto the floor and they were wrapped anyway. a few cracked and i took them out. the rest were fine. she only had them for 5 minutes. evil little woman. New customer said she was happy cos she couldnt really afford my normal prices for my pops, and this gave her a chance to try my stuff.

Had another bride call me for a wedding order in may, and I told her about paying in advance. She was perfectly fine with it. icon_smile.gif
I guess my little drama is over and lesson learned. I love you guys. thank you for helping me get through it. Heck to me that pop corn video is enough!

MelissaAnn84 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MelissaAnn84 Posted 27 Apr 2011 , 3:24am
post #62 of 89

hmm. they were out of sight for 5 minutes, but thats still 5 minutes where you dont know where those pops were or what happened to them. Now im sure that the pops were fine, but what i was taught is once the food is out of your sight, you should NOT re-sell that food to someone else.

I work in a restaurant, and sometimes the food will go to a table and something was messed up with the order, and even if the next order up is the exact same thing, we are not allowed to then take that returned plate and give it to the next customer, whether its 5 minutes or 5 seconds.

motherofgrace Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
motherofgrace Posted 27 Apr 2011 , 3:26am
post #63 of 89

Food at a restaurant is not individually sealed.

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 27 Apr 2011 , 6:20am
post #64 of 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by motherofgrace

Food at a restaurant is not individually sealed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cakes-and-bakes

.. each pop was packaged individually with a cello wrapper, only a few scattered onto the floor and they were wrapped anyway.

As long as the sale price customer was happy with this arrangement, it's a win-win. icon_smile.gif

But I personally wouldn't consider individually packaged (each cake pop in a twisted cello wrapper with ribbon ties) to be sealed. Pretty and festive packaging for sure, but not sealed in any tamper proof/evident fashion (such as shrink wrap/heat sealing).

JMHO

motherofgrace Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
motherofgrace Posted 27 Apr 2011 , 6:37am
post #65 of 89

When I wrap mine they are heat sealed....

Sugar_Bunny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sugar_Bunny Posted 27 Apr 2011 , 6:49am
post #66 of 89
Quote:

and yes cakers, it's all over my facebook now and from now on ALL orders less than $150 must be paid in FULL or my oven stays cold. All orders OVER $150 require a 50% deposit before I touch a spatula. Lesson learned the hard way. If it inconviniences them they can go elsewhere. NO POPS FOR THEM.

and yes 300 pops for a birth is rediculous. she ordered 200 cupcakes and 100 cookies from my friend (also not paid yet).

I have another order for 150 pops for a 1 year old birthday party. uuh, when my kids turned one we invited the grandparents and a few other women who had 1 year olds. It was at cici's pizza!!

icon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_eek.gif

Since when has United Kingdom stopped using the Pound Sterling and started using the $??? I must have been to consumed with the royal wedding the last few weeks to notice because when I was in the UK a month ago they still used the Pound Sterling.

There is no such thing as the Royal Army.....it's called the British Army. You said on page 3 your husband was a Lieutenant Colonel in the Royal Air Force but now he's in the "Royal Army". I'm sure if your husband was a Lieutenant Colonel in the British Army you would remember.

If you want to make up rubbish, I suggest you get your facts straight first!

Cakes-and-bakes Posted 27 Apr 2011 , 6:53am
post #67 of 89

Thank you for your opinions ladies. Yes like I said they were sealed off with cello and double knotted with curly bow paper. She didnt have it long enough to 'tamper' with. and about it dropping again it's sealed. If I dropped my unopened snickers bar on the ground I'd still open it up and eat it lol. maybe thats just me.

kelleym Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kelleym Posted 27 Apr 2011 , 1:19pm
post #68 of 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugar_Bunny

icon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_eek.gif

Since when has United Kingdom stopped using the Pound Sterling and started using the $??? I must have been to consumed with the royal wedding the last few weeks to notice because when I was in the UK a month ago they still used the Pound Sterling.

There is no such thing as the Royal Army.....it's called the British Army. You said on page 3 your husband was a Lieutenant Colonel in the Royal Air Force but now he's in the "Royal Army". I'm sure if your husband was a Lieutenant Colonel in the British Army you would remember.

If you want to make up rubbish, I suggest you get your facts straight first!

I also tend to think you would know how to spell Lieutenant Colonel (my eyes, my eyes!). And, are there CiCi's pizzas in Britain?

Cakes-and-bakes Posted 27 Apr 2011 , 1:34pm
post #69 of 89

Sugar Bunny and Kelly,
I find your comments not only have nothing to do with the origional posts, but very offensive and uncalled for. Sugar bunny, if you were to do a little research before posting comments that try to "out" me, as a liar and "full of rubbish", There is more than one royal air force in the world and more than one royal family. There are several actually. And I never said I was from the united kingdom, you just assumed so.
Kelly, we're making fun of spelling mistakes? really? I'd have expected more mature behavior from a cake boss rep. That's not nice at all. icon_sad.gif

At the risk of sounding cliche, it goes for adults too. If you cant say something nice, please dont say anything at all.

Kaybaby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kaybaby Posted 27 Apr 2011 , 1:37pm
post #70 of 89

From Wikipedia -

CiCi's Pizza is an American buffet restaurant chain based in Coppell, Texas, specializing in American-style pizza. CiCi's Pizza owns approximately 600 restaurants, primarily located in the eastern and midwestern United States.

Vonda

Cakes-and-bakes Posted 27 Apr 2011 , 1:41pm
post #71 of 89

Side note: I had converted the currency into US dollars while posting as not to inconvinience anyone by having to look up a currency converter, as most of the people on CC seem to be from the united states.

And I dont think there is a CC's in the UK, I've never been there. I was referring to when I was visiting my family in the states.

Cakes-and-bakes Posted 27 Apr 2011 , 1:43pm
post #72 of 89

CiCi's, Sorry.

Sangriacupcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sangriacupcake Posted 27 Apr 2011 , 1:50pm
post #73 of 89

Cakes-and-bakes, I believe you. Your story is far too bizarre to be made-up!! lol I'm so glad that everything worked out well in the end. icon_smile.gif

warchild Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
warchild Posted 27 Apr 2011 , 1:53pm
post #74 of 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie-

thumbs_up.gif

Cakes-and-bakes Posted 27 Apr 2011 , 2:00pm
post #75 of 89

lol thank you sangria. that's what I was thinking too. <3

Cakes-and-bakes Posted 27 Apr 2011 , 2:03pm
post #76 of 89

I swear I crack up every time I see that video LOL!!!!!

Sugar_Bunny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sugar_Bunny Posted 27 Apr 2011 , 4:03pm
post #77 of 89
Quote:

Sugar Bunny and Kelly,
I find your comments not only have nothing to do with the origional posts, but very offensive and uncalled for. Sugar bunny, if you were to do a little research before posting comments that try to "out" me, as a liar and "full of rubbish", There is more than one royal air force in the world and more than one royal family. There are several actually. And I never said I was from the united kingdom, you just assumed so.
Kelly, we're making fun of spelling mistakes? really? I'd have expected more mature behavior from a rep. That's not nice at all. icon_sad.gif

At the risk of sounding cliche, it goes for adults too. If you cant say something nice, please dont say anything at all.

Please enlighten me, which other country/countries has a Royal Air Force?
Though I thought your husband was Royal Army so I don't know what the Royal Air Force has to do with it.

Cakes-and-bakes Posted 27 Apr 2011 , 4:13pm
post #78 of 89

I'm an american and live in the middle east. Saudi Arabia.
The Royal Saudi Air Force (RSAF.) is one of them.

There are about 44 countires world wide that have royal families, some of which are Brunei, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Swaziland and Vatican City. However I am ignorant wether they have royal air forces or not. Saudi arabia does.

I dont feel like going back to read my posts just cause im tired, but if I had typed "army" in one of them it was a mistake made in haste. I do remember stating though he flew and had a flight partner.

knd118 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
knd118 Posted 27 Apr 2011 , 4:38pm
post #79 of 89

wow seriously whats the need for adding more drama. DO you really have nothing else to do. This is a cake site where we share experiences and advise. If i wanted technical questions about military id join a site pertaining to that. I dont understand your point. Cakes znd bakes I have been reading this from the begining and sorry you had to go through this. I hope now with your pay ahead terms you never have to go through this again. Good luck with your wedding order icon_smile.gif

Cakes-and-bakes Posted 27 Apr 2011 , 4:41pm
post #80 of 89

Thank you knd!!! <3 <3 <3
Yes she paid in advance actually in full! and since she wanted stands I charged her a deposit per stand and rental fee. I just sent it out the door, I'm pooped!

Trying to upload the pics to my album.

nickshalfpint Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nickshalfpint Posted 27 Apr 2011 , 4:44pm
post #81 of 89

Wow! Sorry Cakes-and-Bakes! This is why a LOT of people left CC. I guess some people like to feel good about themselves if they get to "out" an imposter. And I've misspelled my husbands occupation a million times especially when you are typing your heart away (= BTW you are very talented. Your cake pops are beautiful!

imagenthatnj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imagenthatnj Posted 27 Apr 2011 , 4:50pm
post #82 of 89
Quote:

I'm an american and live in the middle east. Saudi Arabia.
The Royal Saudi Air Force (RSAF.) is one of them.

There are about 44 countires world wide that have royal families, some of which are Brunei, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Swaziland and Vatican City. However I am ignorant wether they have royal air forces or not. Saudi arabia does.

I dont feel like going back to read my posts just cause im tired, but if I had typed "army" in one of them it was a mistake made in haste. I do remember stating though he flew and had a flight partner.

I thought so from the very beginning. Saudi Arabia. I think someone else posted a story before similar to yours (didn't involve the Royal Saudi Air Force, though) that included pet tigers or lions.

Cakes-and-bakes Posted 27 Apr 2011 , 4:57pm
post #83 of 89

lol wow at tigers? that sounds interesting!
Yes quite a few cc'ers on here live here! Most of the cakers I know around town who are either hobbyists or sell their work have an account here. icon_smile.gif

I do remember having a post removed in the past by a mod because it's against the rules to talk about "races", "cultures", and "countries" so I was being careful. icon_smile.gif

nickshalf, thank you for your kindness! It's all good! icon_smile.gif

Cakes-and-bakes Posted 27 Apr 2011 , 5:05pm
post #84 of 89

nickshalf your cakes are beautiful and your cookies are perfect!

imagenthatnj Posted 27 Apr 2011 , 5:10pm
post #85 of 89
Quote:

lol wow at tigers? that sounds interesting!
Yes quite a few cc'ers on here live here! Most of the cakers I know around town who are either hobbyists or sell their work have an account here. icon_smile.gif

I do remember having a post removed in the past by a mod because it's against the rules to talk about "races", "cultures", and "countries" so I was being careful. icon_smile.gif

nickshalf, thank you for your kindness! It's all good! icon_smile.gif

Here it is. Maybe that's why I was not surprised at your story. Crazy stuff. lol

http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopic-709610-0-days0-orderasc-.html

Cakes-and-bakes Posted 27 Apr 2011 , 6:03pm
post #86 of 89

Wow! interesting! She lives about 4 hours away from me. I wonder if she's still active.

imagenthatnj Posted 27 Apr 2011 , 6:14pm
post #87 of 89
Quote:

Wow! interesting! She lives about 4 hours away from me. I wonder if she's still active.

http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopicp-6655620-.html#6655620

http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopicp-6790682-.html#6790682

You should be friends.

Cakes-and-bakes Posted 27 Apr 2011 , 7:25pm
post #88 of 89

thank you very much. I commented back to her, I hope she still used the same email account she signed on here with!

imagenthatnj Posted 27 Apr 2011 , 7:37pm
post #89 of 89

If you don't hear back it might also be because sometimes threads become inactive and you stop getting the emails about new posts. This happens to me a lot. I keep a list of the ones I'm watching and when I don't hear about them for a week or so, I click back on the link that will bring me back to it. But I doubt people do that.

You might have to PM. I remembered her thread about cakers in SA and how nobody answered.

Good luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%