Ice Cream Cupcake Cones -Transport?

Baking By Pickulz Updated 25 Apr 2011 , 11:51pm by roosterroses

Pickulz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pickulz Posted 25 Apr 2011 , 11:01am
post #1 of 6

If I wanted to transport the ice cream cupcake cones...any idea on how i can manage it? Want to take it to school for my daughter bday?
Also..any tips for baking? I read you fill them up 2/3rd of the way...
do you put foil around the cone to prevent it from burning?

5 replies
CandyLady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CandyLady Posted 25 Apr 2011 , 12:01pm
post #2 of 6

you can buy plastic cups and place them in cup in dress box. No foil necessary.

LadyDi469 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LadyDi469 Posted 25 Apr 2011 , 3:16pm
post #3 of 6

I made some one year for my daughter's school and baked the cake and then put the cake in the cones and frosted. I was afraid of the cones burning while cooking the cake in them.

I also didn't have an idea for transport but used empty egg cartons to hold them during transport and it worked well, didn't lose even one but had to be very careful. Putting them in plastic cups is a great idea.

Motorhead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Motorhead Posted 25 Apr 2011 , 8:24pm
post #4 of 6

i just baked them on the weekend. i had over flow on me, too much batter in them. they needed 1 1/2 to 2 inches to expand while baking. and they did not burn. just keep checking them. i baked them in muffin tins. as for transporting, someone mentioned taking a pizza box and cutting out holes for them to stand up in (on the lid) sounds like it might work.

Elcee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elcee Posted 25 Apr 2011 , 11:16pm
post #5 of 6

Like the previous poster said, the cones won't burn but the cakes do bake faster so check them frequently. When I made some I cut "x" shapes into a box, folded down the flaps and inserted the cones for transport. I lined the resulting holes with plastic wrap. Worked like a charm.

roosterroses Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
roosterroses Posted 25 Apr 2011 , 11:51pm
post #6 of 6

Popover pans have deeper cavities, and work well for transporting these.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%