Storing Fondant

Decorating By jankie98 Updated 25 Apr 2011 , 4:39pm by jankie98

jankie98 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jankie98 Posted 25 Apr 2011 , 2:30am
post #1 of 4

I have a cake with matching cupcakes to make for this weekend. Since I work full-time, I'm starting early. I'm planning on making about 50 (very small) fondant bumble bees. My question is: Can I leave these stored at room tempurature, or do I need to refrigerate them? I'm hoping to make about 10 or so each night so I don't have SO much to do this weekend....

3 replies
cathyscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cathyscakes Posted 25 Apr 2011 , 2:48am
post #2 of 4

Just leave them at room temp, no need to refrigerate. I always do my fondant figures ahead of time and let them dry. If you need them to stay somewhat soft, you can store them in zip lock bags or tupperware containers.

bakingkat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakingkat Posted 25 Apr 2011 , 2:56am
post #3 of 4

If you put them in the fridge, they are likely to sweat. There should be no change to them if you leave them out. They will harden up but not so much if you wrap them as well as possible and put in an air-tight container. Also most people probably won't eat them so it wouldn't be a too bad if they were hard.

jankie98 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jankie98 Posted 25 Apr 2011 , 4:39pm
post #4 of 4

Thank y'all so much! That's what I was hoping to hear! lol I don't know if I have room in the fridge for all those bees... icon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%