Help! Hoping There's An Easy Solution!

Decorating By saussi27 Updated 25 Apr 2011 , 2:47am by cherrycakes

saussi27 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
saussi27 Posted 24 Apr 2011 , 11:53pm
post #1 of 3

I decorated a cake on Friday for Saturday pick up. Unfortunately, do to unforeseen circumstances, the date of this party has been changed for next week, Saturday. There is nothing that will spoil on the cake and its covered in fondant. My first instinct was to put in refridgerator or freezer but in further research, I've seen several say do not put in fridge or freezer do to condensation. There is print on this cake that is on paper so I can't afford to have it condensate. Will the cake be okay sitting out in a cool room for 8 days?

2 replies
BlakesCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlakesCakes Posted 25 Apr 2011 , 2:04am
post #2 of 3

I wouldn't want a cake that sat at room temp, even a cool room temp, for 8 days. NO WAY!

You can freeze it. Box it at room temp, wrap the box in saran & foil, put in a garbage bag, sqeezing out as much air as possible, freeze.

To defrost, place completely bagged & boxed cake in refrigerator for at least 24 hrs. Remove from fridge & place at room temp, STILL FULLY BOXED & BAGGED, for at least 2hrs. (if it's a really big cake, longer). Remove all covering about an hour before presentation or serving.

By keeping the room air away from the cold cake, you shouldn't have any condensation. If it's a rainy day or unusually humid day, the cake will sweat no matter what you do.

HTH
Rae

cherrycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cherrycakes Posted 25 Apr 2011 , 2:47am
post #3 of 3

Just wanted to also add that I've frozen several fondant cakes and done exactly as Rae mentioned - it's worked very well! Good luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%