Fountain Valley, Ca Cake Stores

Lounge By anxietyattack Updated 26 Apr 2011 , 12:23pm by anxietyattack

anxietyattack Posted 24 Apr 2011 , 3:29am
post #1 of 8

I'll be in Fountain Valley during May and I would love to be able to do some cake tools shopping. Any suggestions?

TIA

7 replies
tryingcake Posted 24 Apr 2011 , 4:12am
post #2 of 8

Hi! I'm just a hiccup from Fountain Valley.

There is a really neat cake store right there in Santa Ana on the Fountain Valley (FV) side. You can get there in 10-15 minutes from the furthest FV point.

http://www.orangenoveltycakesupplies.com/

It's a warehouse style store. Not small not large - but they sure pack a lot of stuff in there.

There are a lot of smaller stores around. My favorite for customer service is a tiny little place called Classic Cake in Garden Grove. Again, just a skip from FV.

http://www.classiccakedecorations.com/

Where are you coming from? How long will you be here? Business or pleasure? None of my business - just being nosy.

Have fun!!

anxietyattack Posted 25 Apr 2011 , 2:55am
post #3 of 8

Hahahaha, I'll be flying into Santa Ana! That's great. I'll be there for my baby brother's wedding icon_biggrin.gif He's marrying an amazing girl. We're so proud. I'll be coming from Greenville, South Carolina. I'll be making the cake!!!! I'm soooo excited.

Thanks for the suggestions!

tryingcake Posted 25 Apr 2011 , 3:21am
post #4 of 8

Well, I feel as though we are kindred spirits. I'm from Charlotte living here now (I so miss the Carolinas). Have lots of ex-family in Greenville and Anderson. Went there quite a bit.

Flying in to John Wayne is so much better than LAX. It's a teeny tiny airport. In and out - swoosh!

There's a great cake shop in Pineville, NC right in between Charlotte and the SC border on 485 at Hwy 51. You should check it out. Sinfully Sweet. http://www.sinfullysweetcakes.com/

Enjoy your stay here. Let me know if you need any tips about non-cake items. I've been here 11 years now, so I know it pretty well. Will you be visiting Mickey or Shamu while here?

tryingcake Posted 25 Apr 2011 , 3:23am
post #5 of 8

Oh - you are making the cake!! Awesome Is there anything you don't want to travel with you need to borrow?

anxietyattack Posted 26 Apr 2011 , 12:37am
post #6 of 8

@Tryingcake, Thanks for the tip about Sinfully Sweet. I hadn't heard of that one. I live in Mauldin actually. There's a pretty good store right around the corner from me and they have helped a ton. Thanks for the offer!!!! That's super sweet. I don't think I'll need anything. I'm actually shipping out my cake stuff and the gumpaste flowers I'm making.

You should come visit Greenville! It's so beautiful here. I don't know when the last time you were here was but it has become one of the coolest places ever. The downtown area is completely revamped and it's soooo nice. You should google it. It really is a great area.

tryingcake Posted 26 Apr 2011 , 4:24am
post #7 of 8

I always liked the Greenville area. I wanted to buy there.

I shipped all my stuff out to Charlotte once to make a wedding cake. Hassle!! But it can be done.

Luckily I didn't forget anything I couldn't make do without. I was able to borrow a HD KA out there, which is the heaviest item we need to do this. I did not want to deal with shipping mine. Had to make smaller batches. But that's a minor inconvenience.

Well, if you get here and realize you forgot something to expensive to buy, Just holler at me. I may already have it.

anxietyattack Posted 26 Apr 2011 , 12:23pm
post #8 of 8

Thanks sooo much!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%