Help With Canon Mp 560

Decorating By shari22 Updated 27 Apr 2011 , 3:54pm by icingimages

shari22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shari22 Posted 23 Apr 2011 , 7:55pm
post #1 of 3

I don't know what's going on with my printer, i've checked ALL the settings over and over and don't know what i'm doing wrong. I'm trying to print a label and it wont't print the image with the size i have it at, instead it's printing the small picture on a whole sheet. Uggghh, I've been struggling with this for 3 days already.
I save the image as a very small picture on my memory card then i insert it in the Canon and i set it to print and it prints out HUGE! Please help!! I need this project for a birthday cake i need to turn in tomorrow.
Thank you!!!!

2 replies
zespri Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
zespri Posted 24 Apr 2011 , 10:43pm
post #2 of 3

Have you chosen the paper size/type? Is there an option that might be called something like "shrink to fit", or "stretch to fit"?. What does it look like in the print preview feature?

Are we to assume you have a .jpg file that you want to print on a label?

First thing I suggest is doing it in MS Word if you have it. That way you can insert your graphic into your A4 document, and that way you can move it around and know EXACTLY what size it will print out. Word also has a labels feature, so you can tell it what brand/size your labels are, making it easier for you to print out.

I also suggest printing it out on regular paper first, so you can check it against your label paper to make sure it's in the right position.

icingimages Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icingimages Posted 27 Apr 2011 , 3:54pm
post #3 of 3

When you do not have it hooked to your computer and you are using a thumb drive, the picture must be the size that you want to print. There is no adjusting when you are using the thumb drive.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%