2 Or 3 Layers Cartoonish "dynamite Filled" Cake? A

Decorating By babylittrell Updated 24 Apr 2011 , 8:26pm by snowballwinters

babylittrell Posted 23 Apr 2011 , 10:16am
post #1 of 4

I know, sounds really weird, but i need lots of ideas quickly!!! I need a cake that looks like there's a lot of dynamite going out of the layers, like part of the filling. I have only a week and my brain's going dry.... Please, i really trust in your very very creative minds!!

3 replies
snowballwinters Posted 23 Apr 2011 , 11:46am
post #2 of 4

can you give a bit more information about the clients needs. Maybe some type of exploding cake, like it's coming out the top with the fondant peeled back???

babylittrell Posted 23 Apr 2011 , 7:03pm
post #3 of 4

Thank you so much in advance, I'm a little in panic icon_cry.gif ... Well, The customer wants a 2 layer chocolate cake (for 50 guests) for a comics- anime fan party . He came up friday morning with a clip art cake!! And said, "I want lots of red dynamite with burnt fuse coming out from the tiers, like about to explode, totally trust you about the details" icon_confused.gif (!?!?!) The clip art cake was brown (like chocolate frosting, but I think fondant could work best) has "melting look purple frosting" coming from the top (any ideas how can I simulate melting frosting?). The image reminded me a Looney Tunes or Wile E. Coyote and the Road Runner episode when a normal cake was "halved in the middle", filled with lit dynamite and carelessly arranged again to hide it in the front (all the backside was showing the dynamite). He wants a fun, cartoonish cake, so I have some freedom about the details. Please, any ideas??? [/img]

snowballwinters Posted 24 Apr 2011 , 8:26pm
post #4 of 4

hmmm, seems like some type of topsy turvy cake would work and the melted icing could be fondant made to look like it's melting down the sides.

You could also make a giant dynamite and have it coming out the top actually acting as the top tier.

Sounds like a lot of fun!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%