Whipped Cream Frosting

Baking By KarisCakes Updated 23 Apr 2011 , 6:53am by sunset74

KarisCakes Posted 23 Apr 2011 , 6:01am
post #1 of 2

Hi all,
I have searched the recipes and I can not seem to find a simple whipped cream icing recipe. Not with chocolate or cream cheese, just plain. I know how to make whipped cream, of course, but how do you stabilize it so it's strong enough to hold up under fondant, and to last for a few days?
Anyone have a recipe?

1 reply
sunset74 Posted 23 Apr 2011 , 6:53am
post #2 of 2

I am not sure how long it would last or how it would do under fondant. But to stablaize whipped cream you use Gelitan.

1 tsp sprinkled over 4 tsp of water per 1 cup of whipping cream. Let sit for 5 minutes, then microwave for a few seconds (be careful it bubbles over easy). Make sure it is just fluid and does not bubble really. Then let it cool, but not set up. In a chilled bowl whip your cream until it is just starting to froth up. Then put your gelitan in there and continue to mix until stiff peaks. It takes practice getting used to the gelitan. If you add it too late it can firm up before getting mixed in. I put the powdered sugar in just before the gelitan.

Hope this helps, all I can tell ya to do is try putting fondant over it and see how long it lasts. I don't know that it will last several days, but I had a cake in the fridge for 2 days, no fondant and it did fine.

Quote by @%username% on %date%