Severely Underbaked Cake Can I Save It?

Baking By cakedivanot Updated 23 Apr 2011 , 12:54pm by cakedivanot

cakedivanot Posted 23 Apr 2011 , 4:38am
post #1 of 3

i don't know what went wrong, but left cake to cool for 12 hours. when i came to ice, found it was not cooked! i king of munched it up and put it back in the cake pan and rebaked. it looks ok ... but i am not sure if it is safe to eat. the cake cooled outside the fridge over night and not overly warm. can i use it????? would appreciate any advice .. because it has eggs in it, and it sat out of the fridge that length of time, is it safe to eat?

2 replies
Coral3 Posted 23 Apr 2011 , 6:01am
post #2 of 3

I think it'd be fine re the eggs - one of the cakes I make says in the recipe book to leave the mixture out at room temperature overnight before baking, if necessary, and it'll be fine... I've done it several times, no problems. I'd be concerned about the quality though if the cake was partially cooked, munched up, cooked again - that might make the texture awful. I'd make another if it were me, and maybe keep/freeze that one for a practice/play cake.

cakedivanot Posted 23 Apr 2011 , 12:54pm
post #3 of 3

Thanks so much for your advice Coral. It actually looks a lot better second time around. i sliced au bit off to taste it and it seems fine. i must have had a moment of madness when i took it out of the oven last night. thanks again for your response.

Quote by @%username% on %date%