Who's up?

Whatcha workin on?

anyone need help figuring anything out?

don't be a lurker tonight!

23 replies
leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 23 Apr 2011 , 2:33am
post #2 of 24

Nothing for me tonight. I'll bake a cake tomorrow and make some cookies. slow week, but things kick into gear next weekend.

Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 23 Apr 2011 , 2:58am
post #3 of 24

Wedding cake for me here (small one) Cake balls, and tastings for 5 couples tomorrow.

jewels710 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jewels710 Posted 23 Apr 2011 , 2:59am
post #4 of 24

Took the weekend off...a very much needed weekend off!!! Time to regroup and catch up on everything I've been neglecting.

pieceacake830 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pieceacake830 Posted 23 Apr 2011 , 3:00am
post #5 of 24

Nothing for me this weekend, other than doing something for my family for Easter... Kind of enjoying the break!

Loucinda Posted 23 Apr 2011 , 3:01am
post #6 of 24

I had several weekends off in Jan, Feb. and March! icon_wink.gif I am glad to be busy again! You ladies enjoy your time off this weekend.

cheatize Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheatize Posted 23 Apr 2011 , 3:05am
post #7 of 24

Working on two chicken cakes tonight. I've got 205 feathers cut and the ball cakes are crumbcoated. I've got a long way to go tonight. I got behind when I hurt my back and took a day off from life. I hope I cut enough feathers....
I also booked 4 orders this week to fill over the next month. I already had another one on the calendar and there are two more in the "maybe" stage. That's a lot in one month for me.

Loucinda Posted 23 Apr 2011 , 3:14am
post #8 of 24

Had to stop the mixer for a little while, SEVERE thunderstorms for a few minutes, didn't want to loose it if lightnigh struck!

moranda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
moranda Posted 23 Apr 2011 , 3:15am
post #9 of 24

Working on a wedding cake tonight, tomorrow will be doing cakes for family for Easter, so less stressful when you are giving them to family and they are grateful to get anything.

suzylynn58 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
suzylynn58 Posted 23 Apr 2011 , 3:16am
post #10 of 24

Delivered a large (240 serving) wedding cake today, got another one tomorrow, plus a tutu and tiara birthday cake. Then work on some fondant figures for next week.

No rest!!!

TonyaBakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TonyaBakes Posted 23 Apr 2011 , 3:17am
post #11 of 24

Working on a flower pot cake ,Easter cake and 4 dozen cupcakes. MMF is giving me a fit. Set up nice and firm but as soon as I start working it, gets so soft won't hold any shape and sticky. Would think it needed more PS except when I let it sit it almost seems too firm... go figure lol.

Jenniferkay Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jenniferkay Posted 23 Apr 2011 , 3:27am
post #12 of 24

I seem to have ADD of the cake tonight. All these cakes going and nothing getting finish, but each little piece getting done....it's feeling never ending on what I thought were average cakes. Ugh.

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 23 Apr 2011 , 3:27am
post #13 of 24

Good group of projects tonight!

Hmmm Tonya, I don't work with MMF, but a touch of conrstarch perhaps?

KellyGates Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KellyGates Posted 23 Apr 2011 , 3:38am
post #14 of 24

I'm working on two dozen cupcakes for an Easter bake sale tomorrow.... actually, make that a dozen and a half. One pan had a blowout, and so I HAD to taste them to make sure they are good. They are thumbs_up.gif Also have a strawberry cake I'm about to mix up and pop in the oven. Late night for me.

labmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
labmom Posted 23 Apr 2011 , 3:53am
post #15 of 24

Hello everyone,

Had a horrible week and so very glad that I only have a cake taste tomorow at noon. I planned this week off and I am so glad my best friend and business partner lost her husband Sunday. Heart Attack. No warning. 56 yrs old.
I am still in shock, as everyone who knew him. Never met a couple that did so many things together. I only feel good for the fact that he never waited for tomorow to do anything.. he LIVED None of this wait till I retire.. He rode motorcycles, and they traveled, and I can't go on but I can't imagine her life without him.

I have this cake taste in the morning. I should have cancelled because everyone still in shock and forgot that it is easter weekend. And worse it is for a give a way cake. Beggers should not be choosers right? I hope they aren't picky.
She doesn't even like cake so who knows. Well everyone. Have a good evening. A blessed holiday and safe from these storms weekend.

Oh, just realized.. I took off next weekend too. guess just wanting rest before the May frenzy starts. Yeah!

cheatize Posted 23 Apr 2011 , 4:12am
post #16 of 24

Labmom: So sorry to hear that.

Tonyabakes: if it's too soft but you don't want to add more powdered sugar, you can knead in a little gum-tex to give it body.

TonyaBakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TonyaBakes Posted 23 Apr 2011 , 4:27am
post #17 of 24

Cheatize - Thanks for the tip. I will have to give it a try! icon_wink.gif

Loucinda Posted 23 Apr 2011 , 4:38am
post #18 of 24

Labmom, sorry to hear of your friends' loss. That is nice that they lived the way they did. We kinda do that too (more money would sure help the cause!!)

Cake balls are not cold enought to dip tonight....gonna have to get up early to do those babies. The Jack Daniels Spice cake with white chocolate sample sure was YUMMM though!

Wedding cake, very small. 11" is the main tier, 8 and 5 are the other two. Babycake!

Hope the MMF is working out!

cakeandpartygirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeandpartygirl Posted 23 Apr 2011 , 5:00am
post #19 of 24

Just finished baking a cake for a friend. While that cools I am working on my competition cake for next weekend!

agouti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
agouti Posted 23 Apr 2011 , 5:29am
post #20 of 24

I'm working on an Easter cake for my husband and myself - our first Easter just the two of us, so I'm trying for a something special. Gumpaste calla lilies are drying on the counter and the cake just came out of the oven.

Yellow cake - not sure what I will fill it with. I usually do either lemon or raspberry filling with the yellow cake but haven't decided and I would like to do something different from usual. Any input would be very, very welcome. Thanks and have a good night!

bohemiagetsajob Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bohemiagetsajob Posted 23 Apr 2011 , 6:21am
post #21 of 24

Nothing for me tonight. Just getting ideas for my nephew's camping birthday next weekend. Lots of great ideas here.

Katiebelle74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Katiebelle74 Posted 23 Apr 2011 , 6:41am
post #22 of 24

Did a wedding cake today. Almond layer cake with pistachio mousse and fresh strawberry with cream cheese icing and strawberry couli. Decorated with hand piped designs inspired by the wedding invitations. Was a HUGE success!!! Hooray! also made a 2 tier birthday cake for my niece her request: chocolate cake with cream cheese icing decor: purple cake with pink roses. The surprise element is that I added glitter and a rhinestone S (cupcake monogram pick) for Savana on top. Also baked off a cake which tomorrow will be decorated as a 3D race car for my best friend's little boys 1st bday, also made a heart shaped tuxedo grooms cake red velvet.

cheatize Posted 23 Apr 2011 , 6:57am
post #23 of 24

Katiebell74: Yay! I love a success story!

Agouti: yellow cake can take pretty much any flavor filling, in my opinion. How about chocolate buttercream?

That's it for me. My mess is straightened up, my fondant decor is sealed for the night, and I'm about to take my meds for this back. I'll finish the cakes in the morning.

Sending energy vibes to those still caking at this hour!

cheatize Posted 23 Apr 2011 , 1:28pm
post #24 of 24

Happy Deliveries, Everyone!
It's back to the chickens for me.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%