Cupcake Bouquet Boxes Help!

Baking By sugarcraft Updated 26 Apr 2011 , 10:54pm by SweetcakesCT

sugarcraft Posted 21 Apr 2011 , 6:06pm
post #1 of 8

I have cut up boxes to deliver what I have made to date. With orders being bigger, and more frequent, I need something more profetional, and cost effective. Anyone!!
I am in Ottawa Canada

Anyhelp would be greatly appreciated!!

7 replies
SweetcakesCT Posted 25 Apr 2011 , 1:35am
post #2 of 8

I'm with you on this one. I have done several bouquets in the past few weeks, and each time I cringe, hoping that nothing will happen in transport. I have read that you should keep the cupcakes off the bouquet until you reach where you're going, but what if you're delivering to a person? Should you expect them to put the cuppies back on? And how are they going to transport the bouquet if they're giving it as a gift? So many questions!!!

Chonte Posted 25 Apr 2011 , 2:19am
post #3 of 8

this was a post a few weeks ago. use florist boxes.{07621154-F98F-4791-BA00-168D1E270CA1}&%20Automatic%20Floral%20Vase%20Box

im not sure if this site will help but you can google for other suppliers!!

SweetcakesCT Posted 26 Apr 2011 , 5:07am
post #4 of 8

Great idea. Thanks!!!

donnella2045 Posted 26 Apr 2011 , 11:56am
post #5 of 8

We had an order for a bridal shower and needed to deliver 12 large bouquets. I used the box method and it worked like a charm. My husband took home the corrugated boxes used for files. They were about 12" deep. I made a template from the bottom of the vase (it was an 8" round) and cut out the bottom of the boxes. The vase fit in perfectly and was totally secure. The bottom of the vase was not touching the floor. I lined the floor of the truck with non-skid shelf liners, and put the boxes on top. It was secure and we made the delivery without a hitch. I saved the boxes for future use. Easy and effecient, and didn't cost a dime!

SweetcakesCT Posted 26 Apr 2011 , 4:27pm
post #6 of 8

So how do you keep the cupcakes from falling out of the cups? I use the cup method, not the toothpick method. Thanks.

donnella2045 Posted 26 Apr 2011 , 10:25pm
post #7 of 8

i use toothpicks and have never had a problem. I chill the frosted cupcakes for several hours before I affix them to the styrofoam. I also coat my styrofoam with melted chocolate to make it look like dirt and I think it helps the toothpicks stay put as well. I am going to try the cup method for a topiary I am going to make.

SweetcakesCT Posted 26 Apr 2011 , 10:54pm
post #8 of 8

Basically what I've gotten from some video tutorials I've watched about the cup method, is that you should take the cuppies out to transport, and put them back in once you get to where you're going. But what if you're delivering them to someone, who's then giving them as a gift? I worry about the customer's transport, and dropping the cuppies. Makes me look unprofessional, I think. I'm gonna try the toothpick method again, just to see if it works better.

Quote by @%username% on %date%