Cake Pop Question

Decorating By reginaherrin Updated 27 Apr 2011 , 5:36pm by Marianna46

reginaherrin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
reginaherrin Posted 21 Apr 2011 , 4:06pm
post #1 of 9

How far in advance can I make cake pops so they are still fresh. I want to make them for Easter and I have a lot of free time today and it will be great if I could do them today. Thanks.

8 replies
Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 21 Apr 2011 , 5:12pm
post #2 of 9

I have made cakepops close to a week in advance and they were still good.I think the chocolate /candy melts keeps the moisture and freshness in.

tamdan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tamdan Posted 21 Apr 2011 , 9:20pm
post #3 of 9

I've had cake pops sitting around for up to a week and they seem to remain good. I agree with Kiddiekakes that the candy melts keep them fresh longer.

Cakes-and-bakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakes-and-bakes Posted 21 Apr 2011 , 9:55pm
post #4 of 9

they can stay fresh for up to 3 weeks in the fridge in an airtight container.

KANNIE Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KANNIE Posted 27 Apr 2011 , 4:18pm
post #5 of 9

OK, I Have been making cake pops for a while .. and in the most part they have turned out ok.. i have had some trouble with an ooz that leeks out of the small pin wholes.. yellowish.. i have been just wiping it and then re dipping.. well i just had a costumer tell me that her yellow cake cake cop was all runny and liquidy when she bit into it.. I have NEVEr heard of this.. and she didn't dare to eat it.. she said the Red Velvet and chocolate was ok.. I am totally mortified and am wondering if this happened to anyone.. and what to do about it.. i had some extra's at home.. and cut them open and they were fine.. so i am not sure.. HELP!! icon_cry.gif

imagenthatnj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imagenthatnj Posted 27 Apr 2011 , 4:35pm
post #6 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by KANNIE

OK, I Have been making cake pops for a while .. and in the most part they have turned out ok.. i have had some trouble with an ooz that leeks out of the small pin wholes.. yellowish.. i have been just wiping it and then re dipping.. well i just had a costumer tell me that her yellow cake cake cop was all runny and liquidy when she bit into it.. I have NEVEr heard of this.. and she didn't dare to eat it.. she said the Red Velvet and chocolate was ok.. I am totally mortified and am wondering if this happened to anyone.. and what to do about it.. i had some extra's at home.. and cut them open and they were fine.. so i am not sure.. HELP!! icon_cry.gif

Frosting that you mixed with your cake got warm and liquid separated from the sugar (melted)? I can't think of anything else! Maybe she kept them in a warm/hot place.

PrincAssPastry Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PrincAssPastry Posted 27 Apr 2011 , 4:56pm
post #7 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by KANNIE

I had this happen to me with some of my carrot cake cake pop. I had made them during the winter and transported them on the floor of my car. I found out they were the ones on the outside corner by the heater. My frosting melted! Also, the yellowish ooze the leeks out is oil/butter. This happens all the time with my chocolate and peanut butter cake pops. I found it helps if I dust my cake pops with powdered sugar before dipping them (only dusting worked, not rolling them). Then the candy coating has time to harden before the sugar is absorbed by the oil.

KANNIE Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KANNIE Posted 27 Apr 2011 , 5:16pm
post #8 of 9

Thanks so much.. I am hoping that all it was..

Marianna46 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marianna46 Posted 27 Apr 2011 , 5:36pm
post #9 of 9

I'm pretty sure that IS all it was, KANNIE. I've kept cake balls (just now getting into cake pops!) out for over a month in a room with no AC in this hot, humid climate where I live and they were just fine. I covered them with a cardboard box top to keep the dust off is all.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%