Multiple Colors In One Gelatin Butterfly

Decorating By ajwonka Updated 26 Apr 2011 , 9:01pm by SSGirly

ajwonka Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ajwonka Posted 21 Apr 2011 , 3:03pm
post #1 of 6

I've read through 9 pages of gelatin butterfly posts but can't figure out how to get several colors on the same butterfly. I colored the gelatin with powder color & they worked great but I don't want all pink butterflies! Thanks!

5 replies
Rusti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rusti Posted 21 Apr 2011 , 7:19pm
post #2 of 6

I have made them a couple of time and I would think you need to" bloom" several colors and then paint them on the template in the pattern you want. Good luck and don't forget to post a picture.

JustBakedCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JustBakedCakes Posted 21 Apr 2011 , 11:57pm
post #3 of 6

I've tried to do multiple colors on my butterflies and it didn't come out that great. What I ended up doing was making a solid colored butterfly then painting ( with gel colors) on the other colors after the gelatin dries. It worked better but be sure to let the gel color dry completely before handling.

ajwonka Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ajwonka Posted 22 Apr 2011 , 3:04pm
post #4 of 6

What is "bloom" (sorry if that's a silly question!)?

I'll mess around with it! Thanks for the suggestions!

luckyblueeye Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luckyblueeye Posted 25 Apr 2011 , 6:52pm
post #5 of 6

Ajwonka, I think that "bloom" is the part where the warmed up gelatin foam collects on the top...for removal.

SSGirly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SSGirly Posted 26 Apr 2011 , 9:01pm
post #6 of 6

i agree with just baked... do them all one color and then paint over them after or use pixie dust to give other colored effects. If you do it the other way, they get all gooped up.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%