And Yet Another Underpriced Cake Goes Out My Door.....

Decorating By abunintheoven Updated 22 Apr 2011 , 2:20am by abunintheoven

abunintheoven Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
abunintheoven Posted 21 Apr 2011 , 5:46am
post #1 of 5

....just very tired of misjudging the time involved in making a detail cake & wondering if anyone else has any thoughts on better managing my time! I am so frustrated with underpricing myself. After just completing a 4 hour detailed truck and minus the cost of supplies, I have once again underpriced myself coming out in almost the negative side of the payscale! ha! Just having one of those horrible cake nights, I guess.....thanks for listening to me complain icon_confused.gif

4 replies
BakerAnn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakerAnn Posted 21 Apr 2011 , 6:28am
post #2 of 5

I understand - here's a hug. icon_smile.gif

In my case it has never been the problem of underestimating the time or even the cost of ingredients. The problem these days is that in the past year (by choice) I moved from a large city where clients expected to pay a fair price to the peace and tranquility of an area with a low population. As I prepare to start up caking in an entirely new location I have to accept that folks here don't pay nearly what they do in other areas..... while at the same time ingredients are a little higher! This is going to be interesting...........

I hope you can get your costs worked out so you are compensated fairly for your work.

ChilliPepper Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ChilliPepper Posted 21 Apr 2011 , 8:55am
post #3 of 5

Carved shaped cakes I always add 25% to my basic price as I think they are a lot of work. My basic price is for a simple cake decorated with one model, eg Upsy Daisy or simple applique work and simple flowers or bows. More models or more complicated designs get increased in price in relation to the work involved.

Hope this helps!

CP xxxx

kristiemarie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kristiemarie Posted 21 Apr 2011 , 1:47pm
post #4 of 5

Pricing matrix! Seriously, it will help. There are some available on here.

abunintheoven Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
abunintheoven Posted 22 Apr 2011 , 2:20am
post #5 of 5

thank you for your help!!! I will do some investigating for the matrix! I appreciate your feedback!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%