Macsmom's Chcolate Wasc Recipe

Baking By jem2131 Updated 22 Apr 2011 , 5:39pm by LeeBD

jem2131 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jem2131 Posted 20 Apr 2011 , 9:53pm
post #1 of 8

Hello all.. I am going to try out the chocolate WASC by macsmom.. I was wondering if anyone has tried this recipe and would be able to tell me if the coffee that is called for in this recipe is instant coffee or regular coffee ? also has anyone been able to find the chocolate extract in there grocery stores ?This is the recipe i used:

Chocolate WASC (macsmom's method ) - MacsMom
2 dark chocolate cake mixes
2 c cake flour (gives it a lighter crumb)
2 1/4 c sugar (extra sugar for moistness)
1/3 c cocoa powder
3/4 t salt (less salt because of the cocoa powder)
2 pkg chocolate fudge pudding mixes
8 egg whites or 6 whole eggs
2 c sour cream
2 c coffee
1 c chocolate milk (extra liquid because chocolate mixes tend to be thick)
1/3 c oil
2 t Nielsen Massey's chocolate extract
2 t vanilla or butter extract

Thank you all in advance..

7 replies
thecakestand Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thecakestand Posted 20 Apr 2011 , 10:05pm
post #2 of 8

I have made this recipe several times and love it. I have never been able to find the chocolate extract anywhere though. As for the coffee I use the instant just because it is easier I guess. I actually found some that came in individual packages, 1 package = 1 cup. I always make the coffee first in my large measuring cup so it has time to sit and make sure everything gets dissolved well.

jem2131 Posted 20 Apr 2011 , 10:20pm
post #3 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecakestand

I have made this recipe several times and love it. I have never been able to find the chocolate extract anywhere though. As for the coffee I use the instant just because it is easier I guess. I actually found some that came in individual packages, 1 package = 1 cup. I always make the coffee first in my large measuring cup so it has time to sit and make sure everything gets dissolved well.

Thank you soo much !! ok so just incase i cant find the chocolate extract i wont have to worry now knowing that its still delicious without it !! thanks a million hun

Pagea Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pagea Posted 20 Apr 2011 , 10:47pm
post #4 of 8

[quote="jem2131"]Hello all.. I am going to try out the chocolate WASC by macsmom.. I was wondering if anyone has tried this recipe and would be able to tell me if the coffee that is called for in this recipe is instant coffee or regular coffee ? also has anyone been able to find the chocolate extract in there grocery stores ?

I have made this recipe and it is delicious. As mentioned by the pp..I also make coffee first to allow time to dissolve and cool a bit. I don't know if you have the store where you live but I buy my Nielsen's chocolate extract at sur la table. Hth..

Page

MrsMoe07 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsMoe07 Posted 21 Apr 2011 , 3:49am
post #5 of 8

LorAnn has a chocolate flavoring.

LeeBD Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LeeBD Posted 22 Apr 2011 , 1:21pm
post #6 of 8

This recipe is my go to Chocolate cake recipe. I started out using the regular Choc. WASC recipe, which was good until I tried MACSMOMS.
It's the best! I have never made it with the chocolate flavoring, I sub almond extract. It's still fantastic. One of these days I'll try it with the chocolate. But it's very "chocolatey" without it. And yes, inst coffee.

jem2131 Posted 22 Apr 2011 , 2:43pm
post #7 of 8

Thank you to all who replied ! I tried the recipe it was great. It kind of tasted like a brownie to me lol. What kind of fillings have anyone of you used on this cake ? Trying to get yummy ideas for fillings with this cake. Also have any of you tried any other recipe's by MacsMom ? Would love to try out more of her recipes icon_smile.gif. Thanks again everyone !

LeeBD Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LeeBD Posted 22 Apr 2011 , 5:39pm
post #8 of 8

That's what everyone I have made it for says "like a brownie". If you have some real chocolate lovers chocolate ganache filling is great with this cake. I have also filled with Nutella CC filling...yum! I would think a white ganache would be great too as well as a cookies n cream filling, pnut butter filling, mousse, raspberry cc or bc. Lots will go great with this cake!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%