Teeny Star Cutters

Decorating By Kitagrl Updated 24 Jun 2011 , 7:21pm by MamaDear

Kitagrl Posted 20 Apr 2011 , 6:07pm
post #1 of 9

Does anyone know what cutters these are from? I could not find the person who made this, since the .jpg doesn't show the person who posted....

http://media.cakecentral.com/gallery/717189/normal_1293920391.JPG

I want to use this idea but not in cupcakes, in a real cake, but still would like to find the teeny cutters......

8 replies
LisaPeps Posted 20 Apr 2011 , 6:27pm
post #2 of 9

2nd one down?

http://www.cakecraftshop.co.uk/shop/9/231/280/285/index.htm

I have a set, they are pretty small.

You can see the 3 different sizes on my cake

http://cakecentral.com/gallery/1883933

It looks like they have 6 points though, not sure...

Kitagrl Posted 20 Apr 2011 , 6:28pm
post #3 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaPeps

2nd one down?

http://www.cakecraftshop.co.uk/shop/9/231/280/285/index.htm

I have a set, they are pretty small.

You can see the 3 different sizes on my cake

http://cakecentral.com/gallery/1883933

It looks like they have 6 points though, not sure...




Oh sure enough, that looks right! Although its in a UK store...and I need for next week...I just ordered the star clickstix from GSA just now in hopes they'd work....they won't be quite as teeny but maybe will have the same effect on a three tiered cake?

LisaPeps Posted 20 Apr 2011 , 6:41pm
post #4 of 9

That must be one of the only things we have in the UK that isn't on global sugar art lol they're made by PME so I don't understand why they wouldn't be available to you.

LisaPeps Posted 23 Apr 2011 , 3:46pm
post #5 of 9

Just in case you did want them, I found them on jennifer Dontz's website whilst browsing

http://www.jenniferdontz.com/viewproduct.php?itemid=cut073

Kitagrl Posted 23 Apr 2011 , 3:48pm
post #6 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaPeps

Just in case you did want them, I found them on jennifer Dontz's website whilst browsing

http://www.jenniferdontz.com/viewproduct.php?itemid=cut073




Thanks!

The Clickstix arrived yesterday and the stars are nice and small...it remains to be seen if they actually pop out nicely...but I think they'll work. I will keep this in mind too if they don't.

Bakingangel Posted 23 Apr 2011 , 4:38pm
post #7 of 9

If the tiny star plungers don't work out, you could use different sizes of the star shaped sprinkles, paint them, then adhere with RI to the wire. Just a thought.

lvjan777 Posted 24 Jun 2011 , 6:53pm
post #8 of 9

At Michaels in the clay area they have a set of small cutters and one is a star.

MamaDear Posted 24 Jun 2011 , 7:21pm
post #9 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitagrl

Does anyone know what cutters these are from? I could not find the person who made this, since the .jpg doesn't show the person who posted....

http://media.cakecentral.com/gallery/717189/normal_1293920391.JPG

I want to use this idea but not in cupcakes, in a real cake, but still would like to find the teeny cutters......




In that particular picture it looks like a six pointed star and I would guess they were made by the Wilton Floral Garland Ejector Set. One of the flower shapes looks just like that and it looks like they rolled the fondant/gumpaste pretty thick and then just "ejected" it into their hand rather than pressing it into a sponge. You can buy the set at Michaels and sometimes WalMart. I have it and love the little flowers cause you can make hundreds of them in about a half hour (it has two types, leave, doves and a bow. Each is smaller than a dime when punched out.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%