Royal Icing Bunny Ears? Is This Feasible?

Decorating By JenFailla Updated 22 Apr 2011 , 10:23pm by DeniseNH

JenFailla Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenFailla Posted 20 Apr 2011 , 3:09pm
post #1 of 5

Hi,

I'm making cake pops for my family's Easter party. I made some last week (sheep, chicks and eggs) for my other side's party- but I didn't attempt the bunnies because I couldn't find the pastel candy corn to use for the ears (plus I ran out of time). I want to make them for this sunday and I was thinking I could use royal icing piped onto parchment paper, allow them to dry and them stick them onto the pop with candy melts. Does this seem possible? Does anyone have a 'trick' on how I could pipe it to made one of the ears look bent (kinda like a dog earred page in a book)? Any help would be so appreciated! Thanks! icon_smile.gif

4 replies
JenFailla Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenFailla Posted 21 Apr 2011 , 5:54pm
post #2 of 5

ok- I'm starting on these tonight, so I'm going to give myself a shameless plug (or *bump*) and see if anyone else reads this and can lead me in the right direction... icon_lol.gif

cakegrandma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakegrandma Posted 21 Apr 2011 , 6:12pm
post #3 of 5

It is possible to make the ears with a tip 5 and make them similar to the stem part on a rosebud and as far as the bent part is concerned you can start at the narrow end and pipe it against a folded part of the paper and then on down.
evelyn

BJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BJ Posted 22 Apr 2011 , 9:45pm
post #4 of 5

can you make them out of gum paste (some call it sugar paste)? It would work really well and you could bend it to whatever shape (along with support), and let them dry hard. You still have time........ Just a thought cause royal can be so delicate to work with.

DeniseNH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DeniseNH Posted 22 Apr 2011 , 10:23pm
post #5 of 5

You should use ultra thin gumpaste and dry them over night in your oven - OVEN OFF, just turn on the light inside the oven. They'll dry hard enough to push them into the cake and your'll be able to flop over an ear to two.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%