Nutella Filling?

Baking By SweetSuzieQ Updated 21 Apr 2011 , 12:21am by mommynana

SweetSuzieQ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetSuzieQ Posted 20 Apr 2011 , 2:00pm
post #1 of 8

I'm making some bunny cupcakes for good Friday and, was thinking off adding a Nutella filling to my vanilla cupcakes using my Bismarck tip and wondering if anyone has done this and, if so, did you just use straight Nutella, melt it over double boiler to make it easier to inject, add some heavy cream to make it a ganache? Just wondering what would work/taste best.

I'm looking for something that is kid and adult friendly.

7 replies
Dani1081 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dani1081 Posted 20 Apr 2011 , 2:16pm
post #2 of 8

I've never used Nutella, but to make peanut butter filling, I add 1/2 cup of peanut butter to my buttercream filling recipe and it's perfect. I would imagine that Nutella would be about the same - you will just have to adjust the amount to your tastes.

cakegrandma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakegrandma Posted 20 Apr 2011 , 2:35pm
post #3 of 8

You could warm the Nutella slightly but I normally just put it in the cupcakes as it comes out of the jar. I stir up the contents and then fill my bag. If you like you can use a coupler and tip #21 and fill that way. I don't care for the bismark tip as it gets filling around the outside of the tip since it does not use a coupler. HTH. icon_smile.gif
evelyn

theresaf Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
theresaf Posted 20 Apr 2011 , 2:56pm
post #4 of 8

I use Nutella as a filling between layers and it is delish! But you are not supposed to heat or refrigerate Nutella (that's what it says on the jar) so be careful in warming it up. I don't know what supposedly happens to it!

SweetSuzieQ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetSuzieQ Posted 20 Apr 2011 , 10:22pm
post #5 of 8

My jar only says not to put in the fridge. I googled and, there are lots of recipes or references to warming nutella so, not sure.

DSmo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DSmo Posted 20 Apr 2011 , 10:47pm
post #6 of 8

Nutella right out of the jar is pretty stiff. You might need to warm it for a few seconds to soften it up enough to inject. I even had to warm it a bit to spread it for filling between cake layers.

I have also used a store brand version of Nutella and it was softer. It's probably the perfect consistency to inject.

didavista Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
didavista Posted 20 Apr 2011 , 11:56pm
post #7 of 8

I've Mixed it with rich's bettercreme, that was really good

mommynana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommynana Posted 21 Apr 2011 , 12:21am
post #8 of 8

DSmo, Thats what i did warmed it in th micro. for a bit just to spread on the layer and it wa great, And i have some in the fridge. right now that i whipped with whip cream. waiting to go into another cake this weekend

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%