Thoughts On Business Name Please?

Business By shyann_rayne Updated 20 Apr 2011 , 11:01pm by aliciazak

shyann_rayne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shyann_rayne Posted 20 Apr 2011 , 11:02am
post #1 of 3

Hey all! I am currently a hobby baker, but in the future I hope to have a legal home bakery. Can't right now due to pet in home and lots of traveling due to husbands job.

I am thinking of names and I wonder what you all think of The Freckled Face Baker? How do I go about finding out if this is taken. I have done a google search and go daddy search. What else do I need to do to research this before I go to register it? Thanks!----Julie

2 replies
homebasedbaking Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
homebasedbaking Posted 20 Apr 2011 , 12:34pm
post #2 of 3

Sometime new bakers dont put enough work, time and effort into creating their business name. Your business name can help prospects remember you and what you sell, or it can leave them clueless. A name like Shelleys Sweets will pretty much let anyone who hears about you or has one of your business cards know exactly what you do; namely prepare some type of sweet product, e.g. candy, cookies, cakes whatever. But if your name is Shelleys Cakes By Designserving celebration cakes with a twist! There is little doubt that you are a cake decorator specializing in creative cake design.

If youre just starting out, consider choosing a business name that describes your business in some way. Dont get too specific you dont want to call your bakery business The Cookie Cafe, if cookies are not the only baked goods you sell. If you also plan to solicit business as a wholesale baker, selling products to other business you may want to include that also. Make an effort to incorporate some phrase (tag line) in your business that will help prospects remember you and ensure your business is the best one to call.

Lets take a peak at a few

* CakeStarsmaking your dreams come true!
* Cake Creationsthe perfect cake every time!
* Happy Cakelet us create joy for you!
* Frosty Cakesspreading the love one cake at a time!
* Fondant Fantasies.no design is too outrageous!
* Stacked with Love.taking your celebration to a whole new level!

Good luck!!!

aliciazak Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aliciazak Posted 20 Apr 2011 , 11:01pm
post #3 of 3

Personally I don't like the Freckled Face Baker - I can't put my finger on why, but it just doesn't sit well with me - sorry!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%