Pumpkin Shaped Cake

Decorating By bikegal Updated 7 Sep 2005 , 10:08pm by TexasSugar

bikegal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bikegal Posted 7 Sep 2005 , 5:13pm
post #1 of 8

for those of you who need an easy fall cake without the carving. Level two bundt cakes and glue together with buttercream, tada instant shaped pumpkin. Williams & Sonoma also has a nifty pumpkin pan but it's a bit pricey. Add a fondant stem and a few leaves and you're good to go. Just my small contribution to the site for the day. icon_smile.gif

bikegal

7 replies
edencakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
edencakes Posted 7 Sep 2005 , 5:14pm
post #2 of 8

Great idea!! Thanks!

Daniela Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Daniela Posted 7 Sep 2005 , 5:20pm
post #3 of 8

Thanks bikegal!! I was looking into an idea for a Thanksgiving cake and that sounds great

Thanks again
Daniela

thyterrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thyterrell Posted 7 Sep 2005 , 5:28pm
post #4 of 8

That sounds like a really cute idea. Do you have a picture of that? I'll have to try it later in the season. Thanks!

JennT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JennT Posted 7 Sep 2005 , 5:57pm
post #5 of 8

I did that last year for our cakewalk at our church's fall festival. It turned out great! I also did a glaze...can't remember the exact recipe, but it was cream cheese, pwd sugar, lemon juice, milk, i think...then I just used orange and a little yellow coloring to get the "pumpkin" color. Put it on a cooling rack which was on top of a sheet pan and poured the glaze over it. It coated really well and looked even more like a pumpkin the drier the glaze got. And since it was a glaze, the form of the bundt pan still came through really well - a frosting would have covered it up too much. Fondant stem and curly-q vines were added to it. I was actually a little impressed with myself at how realistic is was...lol icon_razz.gificon_rolleyes.gif And it really was super simple. Oh - I used spice cake too....yummy.

gilpnh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gilpnh Posted 7 Sep 2005 , 6:33pm
post #6 of 8

I did not do this but loved it and saved it to my files, it is the 2 bundt cakes together, a cupcake for the stem with fondant accents I believe.
LL

bikegal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bikegal Posted 7 Sep 2005 , 8:00pm
post #7 of 8

gilpnh, love that picture! Great idea with the cupcake stem, you get the gold star of the day. icon_smile.gif

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 7 Sep 2005 , 10:08pm
post #8 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by thyterrell

That sounds like a really cute idea. Do you have a picture of that? I'll have to try it later in the season. Thanks!

Here is one I did a couple of years ago. Used two bundt pans, an ice cream cone for the stem and a straw to make the ridges on the sides. Used an airbrush to color it.
LL

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%